• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

NASA plans permanent outpost on moon by 2024

Well would you look at that. Another space race!! I will be 34, can I go up?  :D

Russia plans to contribute technology rather than money to NASA's project

That says it all. They want to sell stuff to NASA.

Northrop Grumman Corp won a NASA contract worth $935 million to develop living quarters for the U.S. space agency's planned outpost in lunar orbit, the weapons maker said on Friday.

Astronauts will live and conduct research in the Habitation And Logistics Outpost (HALO) made by Northrop for the lunar Gateway - a vital component of NASA's Artemis moon program.

China is also planning to set up a base in the south pole of the moon, and is deploying robotic expeditions to asteroids and Jupiter around 2030.

I happen to be in a research group building a rover prototype to look for ice on the moon in an effort to help locate a moon base area. Thing is, NASA has a habit of changing directions. Especially when it comes to the moon. It's very likely that it will be done by a private venture with some help from NASA, if ever. There is a Moon flyby in 2023 with SpaceX paid for by a Japanese Billionaire. This coming September will be a SpaceX launch of four civilians in an effort to raise money for a children's hospital putting them in a couple orbits in the DragonX capsule. That is being paid for by some rich US jet pilot and includes my college from a Mars simulation, Sian Proctor. NASA getting a moon base up by 2024? That's just silly talk.

Steve Carell Netflix GIF by Space Force

Back