• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Namibia

That’s correct, we were on our way to Walvis bay when we got woken up in the middle of the night telling us we are on our way back (thought it was a Aprils fools day joke :) )

I remember that.  We were at the showgrounds in Windhoek at the time.  I still have a bunch of newspapers from that week at home in a box. 

very nerve wrecking 9 days that followed, a time in my life that I'll never forget.

I was in Namibia, in 1989. the firts tour, I spent most of my time down in keetmanshoop

ArmyVern said:
I'll assume then, action involving SADF/Namibian Security Police against SWAPO guerillas during their incursions into Namibia from Angola?
I was there as well, a night not to be forgottern

Good to hear from you Jim.  Are you still in?
I only made it down there once, passing through to deliver some camping trailers to election monitors further south.

jim shaw said:
I was there as well, a night not to be forgottern

IIRC, I was in that "out of bounds" place due to the hotel bombing ... the discotheque on the top floor of the Continental Hotel in Windhoek with some others who shall not be named ...  8)

"Oh what a night" ...

Hello,
I am new here and would like to get in contact with anyone who was in Namibia in 89/90 as part of UNTAG and in the 89th Canadian Logistic Unit. Thanks Jim :cdn:

There's a few of us on here ...

See this thread:

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/3502/post-34768.html#msg34768

Back