• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Namibia

I was a MCpl in transport on the first tour.  ArmyVern was a box kicker on the first tour as well.

Recce, were you in Kat or Windhoek.  I ran the bus and passenger section out of Windhoek.

Another Recce Guy said:
I was a MCpl in transport on the first tour.  ArmyVern was a box kicker on the first tour as well.

Hey now, I pushed paper ... and money -- kept entirely clear of the warehouse!!  >:D

Uhmmm Omar L. is here working in Tn Coy as a civ driver ...

I once was part of a crew that "borrowed" a truck one night though for a trip to Keet...  ;D

If its the same guy I think he's working at FD SP for CFSME at K-1.

Old935Sgt, I worked out if Windhoek.  I was the guy that broke his leg parachuting in early August. 

Another Recce Guy said:
Old935Sgt, I worked out if Windhoek.  I was the guy that broke his leg parachuting in early August. 

Ahaaa!! I remember you.

That occured just before Ivan, Bill, MacTavish and I were going to go down ... and they nixed that after your 'incident'. Ergo we all ended up in Swakopmund instead ... singing songs very loudly as we stumbled home to the leave centre instead.  :D

And a nice leave centre it was.  Right on the beach, I wonder what that would cost to buy?

Another Recce Guy said:
And a nice leave centre it was.  Right on the beach, I wonder what that would cost to buy?

I don't know, but I bet it was a hell of a lot cheaper before Angeline Jolie and Brad Pitt decided to have their daughter there.

It's be an awesome place to retire.  8)

My other half was in Windhoek for the last tour to go through - got there in Aug 89.  He is an MSE Op and was a Cpl at that time.  He was in cargo section.

imahikergirl said:
My other half was in Windhoek for the last tour to go through - got there in Aug 89.  He is an MSE Op and was a Cpl at that time.  He was in cargo section.

Then he'd have been there with Karen "Sorndog" -- one of my counterparts on numerous tours ... and an awesome roomie.

Sadly, she just pulled pin and put in her VR -- Comox ... apparently she likes it there too much!! I'll miss that mother-trucker. ;D

I was one of the PPCLI  pers on the the second tour.  Best tour I was ever on. 

I'd go back tomorrow (if I wasn't in Pet getting ready to go somewhere else  ;D)

Well chatter over in the "Highest Ranking Female" thread eventually made it's way to Associate MND Mary Collins (note that the media calls her "Joan Collins" throughout the write-up & in the picture caption  ::) )... I remembered this pic and pulled it out of the shoebox ...

The write-up killed me reading it again ... I hope it shows up large enough that you can read the article about our very tough tour that we were about to embark on ...  :-X

Read the article ... ignore the little 1st year Pte standing next to Ms. Collins; I was obviously having a bad-hair day.

NamibiaIMG.jpg

Geez, Vern, did you have fake ID, when you joined?  You look twelve-teen!  ;)

ArmyVern said:
Read the article ... ignore the little 1st year Pte standing next to Ms. Collins; I was obviously having a bad-hair day.

NamibiaIMG.jpg

OK!  We'll ignore the Pte having a bad-hair day; but it is rather hard to ignore the Coffee Cup Stain.....  ;D

George is just grumpy. The last time he was at the War Museum they thought he was an exhibit and tried to stop him from leaving.  8)

Danjanou said:
George is just grumpy. The last time he was at the War Museum they thought he was an exhibit and tried to stop him from leaving.  8)

Damn old coots won't stand still for the static displays!!!!  ;D

PMedMoe said:
Geez, Vern, did you have fake ID, when you joined?  You look twelve-teen!  ;)

20 then, turned 21 during the tour.  ;)

I didn't join until after doing a couple years at good ol' Mount Allison. But thank you ... I've depreciated somewhat since then!!  >:D

(I'll blame my parents for the coffee stain George --- they clipped it from the paper to give to me when I got back from tour ... )

Back