• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

Ayup....

KUDU - Mine and ambush protected vehicle
The KUDU armoured vehicle was based on a Land Rover and provided protection from both AK-47 rounds and land mine blasts.  The armoured hull was mated to an existing long wheel base chassis.   The external cladding (mounted approximately 150mm from the steel hull) was designed to "tumble" incoming rounds.  Note the roll cage and bullet-resistant glass for both driver and passengers. A non-mine protected variant of the KUDU was produced for the BSA Police to use in urban areas.  Photo credit: Chick Van Moerkerken.

The Rhodesians developed a whole lot of "funnies" to adress problems they came across.

Veyr creative these gents.

Well I guess I'm up again, but now that I fixed my second pic above we'll stay with that one.

The 7TP was the Polish light tank of the Second World War. A development of the British Vickers 6-ton, it was significantly better than the contemporary German designs, notably the Panzer I and Panzer II. A standard tank of the Polish Army during the Polish Defensive War of 1939, its production never exceeded 140 pieces. Its chassis was used as the base for C7P artillery tractor.

geo said:
The 7TP was the Polish light tank of the Second World War. A development of the British Vickers 6-ton, it was significantly better than the contemporary German designs, notably the Panzer I and Panzer II. A standard tank of the Polish Army during the Polish Defensive War of 1939, its production never exceeded 140 pieces. Its chassis was used as the base for C7P artillery tractor.

No. That´s an T-26 Model 1933 used in the spanish civil war. The gun shield on the turret front is round, not angular. But all this vickers 6ton clone´s look very similar.

Regards,
ironduke57

Yup, even got the country in use (I was going to toss up one of the Finnish ones but found this pic at the last moment). Ok you're up.

IIRC it would be one of Three prototypes for the Kampfpanzer 3 derived from the Leo 2 chassis, mid eighties time frame.  There was another prototype that mounted 2 x 120 mm, same as the Leo 2 A4.

Old and Tired said:
IIRC it would be one of Three prototypes for the Kampfpanzer 3 derived from the Leo 2 chassis, mid eighties time frame.  There was another prototype that mounted 2 x 120 mm, same as the Leo 2 A4.

No. Has nothing to do with them.

Regards,
ironduke57

I looked at the T-28, and it had twin tracks, and a much different gun mantlet. 

The LMG on the pic looks MG-3/MG-42-ish, so I was thinking German Leapord Variant as well, but I'm out of ideas now...

NS

That MG is derived from the MG-42, but is no related to the MG3.
It is not swedish.

Hint: The producer speak some sort of german, but they are no german´s.

Regards,
ironduke57

Ok,

I'm going to call it an MG-710, and call the tank either a Marder or a Leo hull with a 120mm gun in it.

Probably Swiss.

Not much more than that from me...my googlefu is weak, and after an hour or so of looking, I'm out of ideas.

NS

ironduke57 said:
Hint: The producer speak some sort of german, but they are no german´s.
Are they Bavarians then?  :rofl:

OK, so either Swiss or Austrian (I doubt that they are Liechtensteiners or Luxemburgers).  I also doubt that they are Elsaßisch. 

Swabians?  ;D

Jammer said:
M-48 mod Jagdpanzer?

No.

NavyShooter said:
Ok,

I'm going to call it an MG-710, and call the tank either a Marder or a Leo hull with a 120mm gun in it.

Probably Swiss.

Not much more than that from me...my googlefu is weak, and after an hour or so of looking, I'm out of ideas.

NS

Not Marder or Leo based. I am not quite sure MG it has, but it is an 7,5mm MG so probably an MG51.
It is swiss and it could be equipped with an 120mm cannon.

Command-Sense-Act 105 said:
I think that gun is a 105mm.  The fume extractor is an angular/straight cylinder in the same style as M68/L7, not "meshed in" like most of the 120mm Rheinmetall fume extractors.  Also, the ring just in front of the fume extractor looks almost exactly like the L7/M68 ring that threads on to hold the fume extractor in place.  I think it is some sort of early 1980's Jagdpanzer Kanone upgrade, based on the Jaguar/Jagdpanzer Kanone/Rakete hull - look at the hull length and number of angulations on the skirts, there is only room for the 5 roadwheel pairs that this vehicle had, not the 7 that Leopard 1 has, plus the right side (from inside the veh) of the hull top is angled similar to the early Jaguar 1 HOT model. 

Going by your hints, and thinking of some of the residents of that area and their desire for mostly "defensive use" weapons I am going to say that it may be a Swiss variant.

So, my answer:

Experimental Swiss version of Jagdpanzer Kanone-105mm, upgrade from the original 90mm version.

This prototype had an 105mm L7 cannon, but an 120mm cannon could also installed. It is not related with the german Jagdpanzer series.

Captain Sensible said:
Are they Bavarians then?  :rofl:

OK, so either Swiss or Austrian (I doubt that they are Liechtensteiners or Luxemburgers).  I also doubt that they are Elsaßisch. 

Swabians?  ;D

;D No. It´s swiss.

Regards,
ironduke57

edit: Added pic.

If nothing else its a beautiful looking vehicle...but then again, thats what i say to all the armoured ladies. ;)

Is it the: CV 90120 Light Tank/Tank Destroyer with 120 mm gun (experimental)?????? (CV9040 variant built in Switzerland)

Cheers: FDL :cdn:

No.

Hint: This one was developed in the early 80´s. The company who built it developed some tracked vehicles in there history, but never sold one.

Regards,
ironduke57

Back