• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

N.S. man creates first Canadian military action figures

I was reading some of the information on the back of the package in the picture and i think the company making these toys( they are cool!!) should talk to a few more people in the CF and update their informtion. Last time i looked Marine Canadienne was Canadian Navy, not Army, and the R22R is not usually listed as a Battalion is it? I think the whole idea is fantastic, but lets make it accurate as well. Do the sailor action figures come with Alexander Keith's cans and a tray of duff?

Marc :yellow:

I went to the local distributor today. They ran out of army figures, only had air force and navy ones left.
Hammer Sandwich said:
I friggin' opened one dude up, and then realised the "ID discs" contained behind the figure had a serial number of the run of 2000......condition no longer mint on that one.
:facepalm:
I don't think I want to open this now.
...Anyone want to trade for the army one?  ;D
frontrbi.jpg

backyc.jpg

The Sergeant-Major in me is going nuts with the last pic; I'm OK with the non-issued kit in the other pics, but why the heck are those boot laces not black!!??

Those laces would give me an aneurysm if I saw them on combat boots in real-life in the CF; and, after 23 years, I have - thankfully = never seen that in the Army, the RCN or the RCAF.

:mad:

Sadukar09 said:
I went to the local distributor today. They ran out of army figures, only had air force and navy ones left.I don't think I want to open this now.
...Anyone want to trade for the army one?  ;D
frontrbi.jpg

backyc.jpg

I did not know that the French translation for Canadian Air Force Personnel is "Canadian Air Force Personnel"?

ArmyVern said:
The Sergeant-Major in me is going nuts with the last pic; I'm OK with the non-issued kit in the other pics, but why the heck are those boot laces not black!!??

Those laces would give me an aneurysm if I saw them on combat boots in real-life in the CF; and, after 23 years, I have - thankfully = never seen that in the Army, the RCN or the RCAF.

Heh, Us OCdt's and Recruits are stupid but we're not THAT stupid thankfully.

ArmyVern said:

*Puts on his toy collector hat.*  Most likely to give the boots a splash of colour so that they look interesting.  It could have been some executive meddler thinking that the boots looked like they purposley skimped on the paint applications on a molded detail.  Perhaps the person looking it over decided that they wanted people to be sure that the CF uses shoe laces and not velcro or something else along those lines.  Once aware of the accuracy problem a running change may be implimented (unlikely given that these are numbered which probably means of this run all that will be made are already made) or it could be a variant with some painted and others not.  This is all speculation, of course.

ArmyVern said:

[/quote
And in 27 years I never met a  Sergent-Major that would allow you to straight lace combat boots with out using said boots to pummel you with.

ArmyVern said:

From this angle they look like ice skates.  Maybe he's on the Squadron hockey team?  :dunno:

Second edition out, in time for Christmas (from a company mailout)!

Aw this years come with C7s now I need to get 6 more.
3 to keep in the box 3 for tne kid to chew on.

Who is the dude in white, where is he going, a pajama party? Why does he have a beard, only been in a year and has a no shaving chit all ready? I know we aren't allowed to tell people when summer dress is and when winter dress is but if your heading to the Arctic then you really should role the sleeves down.

Tank Troll said:
Who is the dude in white, where is he going, a pajama party? Why does he have a beard, only been in a year and has a no shaving chit all ready? I know we aren't allowed to tell people when summer dress is and when winter dress is but if your heading to the Arctic then you really should role the sleeves down.

Ever think that it's reflective of the Sikh and Muslim members within the CF that maintain their beard because of Religious dedication?

Unless I'm missing the sarcasm.

Tank Troll said:
Why does he have a beard, only been in a year and has a no shaving chit all ready? I know we aren't allowed to tell people when summer dress is and when winter dress is but if your heading to the Arctic then you really should role the sleeves down.

Read the box dude - he's Aiden of the JTF2!  So bad-a**, he wears his sleeves up in the arctic....

Infanteer said:
Read the box dude - he's Aiden of the JTF2!  So bad-a**, he wears his sleeves up in the arctic....

Seen. My bad.

PrairieThunder said:
Ever think that it's reflective of the Sikh and Muslim members within the CF that maintain their beard because of Religious dedication?Unless I'm missing the sarcasm.

Why yes, yes you are. I was poking fun at the the fact that the figures have been only around for a year and like our new recruits they whine about every little medical problem and spent more time in the MIR than at work this figure complained about shaving and now has a beard.
Your right how insensitive of me.

Back