• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

My situation

Surette87

Inactive
Reaction score
I applied for Infantry, Reg force. I had passed my CFAT, medical and interview. Meanwhile, at the medical I was given forms about my allergies.
I went to do an allergy test and brought back the results to the medical office and they sent them to Ottawa.
I got a letter to today saying I was not accepted regarding my shellfish allergies. My question is, can I still apply for another trade? If so, which ones could I apply for
that would give me a chance of getting in with my allergies?

Surette87 said:
I applied for Infantry, Reg force. I had passed my CFAT, medical and interview. Meanwhile, at the medical I was given forms about my allergies.
I went to do an allergy test and brought back the results to the medical office and they sent them to Ottawa.
I got a letter to today saying I was not accepted regarding my shellfish allergies. My question is, can I still apply for another trade? If so, which ones could I apply for
that would give me a chance of getting in with my allergies?

No, no, and no.

Sorry, but good luck in another calling.

dileas

tess

the 48th regulator said:
No, no, and no.

Sorry, but good luck in another calling.

dileas

tess

That sucks to hear the bad news, but thank you

I would talk to a recruiter, if I were you. My husband was a reservist for 13 years (Recce), and CT/OT'd last year to GeoTech, and he has a severe shellfish allergy that we have never hidden (I prefer him alive, thank you very much).  The recruiter will be the one to know your options.

Keep in mind, though, that applications are very very competitive, and there's not a lot of openings left for this FY, from what I've been reading here. So, don't expect that you'll get in lickety-split even if you CAN get past the allergy issue. I'm not a CF member, and don't have ANY sort of decision making power regarding the recruiting process.

Good Luck!

acooper said:
I would talk to a recruiter, if I were you. My husband was a reservist for 13 years (Recce), and CT/OT'd last year to GeoTech, and he has a severe shellfish allergy that we have never hidden (I prefer him alive, thank you very much).  The recruiter will be the one to know your options.

I think the OP has already been to the recruiter.....

Surette87 said:
I got a letter to today saying I was not accepted regarding my shellfish allergies.

PMedMoe said:
I think the OP has already been to the recruiter.....

I have not seen a recruitet since I received the letter. But I do not think it will change anything if I go see one, but ill still go.

Talk to a recruiter. Unless you cannot obtain employment with that specific allergy, a recruiter can provide your options.

Back