• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

My plan

IRepoCans

Reaction score
Well as some of you know that I'm planning to enter the CF as a full-time Medical Tech, I've been working out how exactly to do that; via the NCM SEP, go to school get the diploma and PCP cert then apply, direct entry out of secondary school or lastly apply for a Reserve position whilst I attend a program at a non SEP approved school (Such as UofT and Centennial's Paramedic program).

I'm leaning heavily towards going to UofT/Centennial College and being a reserve medic until I finish the program and transfer into a full-time position. I just have some concerns and questions I'd love to get off my mind (I know I should've called the recruiting centre in Toronto) mostly about the process of training for a reserve position Med Tech; how'd it go with my schooling and how exactly does the transfer of reserve Med Tech to regular force Med Tech go?

I can feel that I've missed a few things, but thats all I've got on mind right now.

IRepoCans said:
I'm leaning heavily towards going to UofT/Centennial College and being a reserve medic until I finish the program and transfer into a full-time position.

The University of Toronto website says, "The Joint Program in Paramedicine is aimed at students who wish to pursue a career as a Paramedic."

Perhaps someone like Medcorps will offer an informed opinion regarding how relevant this four-year degree program would be for students who wish to pursue careers as Med Techs.
http://www.utsc.utoronto.ca/~jtprogs/paramedicine.html

Back