• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

My AVOTP exprience

Eye In The Sky said:
Good stuff.  What is a TSD???

Yes I have no idea myself the email just goes "TSD 0830hrs 09 Jan 14.
There is no preparation required for the TSD.
It is a series of computer questions that ask you questions about your personality. "

So I kept this part to myself (PM one pers about it)

My normal route to work is about a 4km walk. So winter came last month with ice on my path. After some playing turtle a few times I found myself late 15mins for work.

My old bosses never saw this as an issue so would waive the tardiness. However new boss + my OT = anything I do is mircoscoped as per above.

skip ahead a month I'm charged with AWOL and this morning 11 Dec, pleaded and found guilty and punished with a caution... phew.

little more than one week till xmas leave then a few days back at work and the PSO appointment. Advise given to me in reguards to the AWOL vs the AVOTP is that it's a minor and should not worry.

GreenMarine said:
So I kept this part to myself (PM one pers about it)

My normal route to work is about a 4km walk. So winter came last month with ice on my path. After some playing turtle a few times I found myself late 15mins for work.

My old bosses never saw this as an issue so would waive the tardiness. However new boss + my OT = anything I do is mircoscoped as per above.

skip ahead a month I'm charged with AWOL and this morning 11 Dec, pleaded and found guilty and punished with a caution... phew.

little more than one week till xmas leave then a few days back at work and the PSO appointment. Advise given to me in reguards to the AWOL vs the AVOTP is that it's a minor and should not worry.

Did you consider leaving for work 20 minutes earlier?

PSO appointment was yesturday, cant say much on it due to privacy, but it went well on  the final steps.

After my PSO appointment I submitted a Memo requesting to see the CO.
I will try to pull him over to the Recommend Side. (As I'm under the impression that he is not or being pressured not to.)

I meet with him tomorrow.
My CWO and WO will be in attendance. 

I may ask for my WO to be dismissed from the meeting as he is an antagonist for my life story on the other hand should the meeting not go well but my Transfere is approved by the selection board him being there makes the transfere so much sweeter.

My file is in Ottawa!  ;D

And the un-official word is my CO did recommend...I just waiting on the official word.

The wait is over, I got my message. I'm in the field so sent my part 6 electronically via scanner in reply to accept.

Effective Date 16 Jul 14,
Posting:Member will be posted (no cost) to nearest BTL upon effective date.
DEU: Change to SEA (Member must be issued complete deu prior to ot effective date) > hopefully I get pulled from the field for this alone.

Hey congrats!! 

Assuming your OT date is the generic APS date, around mid-July?  Keep your nose clean something like C & P will still stop the OT!  ;D

OT messages are definitely in! Got mine today, currently posted to Gagetown.

New Trade: RMS Clerk
Effective date: 16 July 14

Message came in this morning, applied for LOTP instead of AVOTP.

Super stoked!

Roughneck gratz, anyword on where you'll end up afterwards?  This is still a ? mark for me as there is some logic to keeping me in Edmonton, yet more logic to post to a Navy base sooner than later.

Well with a day left till my OT offer was to take effect, I found out by calling Ottawa directly for answers that my RW is holding my OT and that even if I get it torn up today, Ottawa will still wait two weeks after recieving notice to produce the posting message. Oh so want to rant, because the bread crumb trail and hints dropped by my bosses makes sence now, that I'll was strung along and even burned leave trying to ease the waiting game.

They know I won, so in being sore losers are taking cheap shots as they can.

Wow that sounded like an absolute shitshow-

Mine went way smoother,

AFAIK only C & P can stop an OT.  A RW?  Maybe it changed, but I'd read the OT Instruction msg again.  Mine said "UNIT IS REMINDED THAT MBR CAN NOT BE OCCUPATIONALLY TRANSFERRED WHILE UNDER C AND P, ON COMPASSIONATE STATUS OR ANY ADMIN/MEDICAL REVIEW THROUGH DMCA 2 OR 3.

Para 8.

Maybe it's changed to "mbr cannot be OT while on RMs"?

Eye In The Sky said:
AFAIK only C & P can stop an OT.  A RW?  Maybe it changed, but I'd read the OT Instruction msg again.  Mine said "UNIT IS REMINDED THAT MBR CAN NOT BE OCCUPATIONALLY TRANSFERRED WHILE UNDER C AND P, ON COMPASSIONATE STATUS OR ANY ADMIN/MEDICAL REVIEW THROUGH DMCA 2 OR 3.

Para 8.

Maybe it's changed to "mbr cannot be OT while on RMs"?

I specifically asked about this-
And recorded warning no-I thought I was having one come down the pipe.
the C&P does, because that prevents Career Courses, Promotions etc. All though in many cases, I have seen the opposite where people were sent on courses to try to smarten them the eff up.

Well,

First day as an ATIS tech TODAY

hmm...mine only has 7 paras, no para 8 no mention of "UNIT IS REMINDED THAT MBR CAN NOT BE OCCUPATIONALLY TRANSFERRED WHILE UNDER C AND P, ON COMPASSIONATE STATUS OR ANY ADMIN/MEDICAL REVIEW THROUGH DMCA 2 OR 3."

More to follow as I see my SgtMjr today. However given my local contacts they all say it's BS, and the ones that know the systems are calling it a stall tactic.

upandatom said:
the C&P does, because that prevents Career Courses, Promotions etc.

Exactly, IAW DAOD 5019-4,  Consequences of Remedial Measures - Career Implications.

I knew of a guy who was on a RW, but due to a "miscommunication"on the unit part, NDHQ pers thought the mbr was actually on C & P.  A subsequent file review cleared up the issue, which also saw the RW quashed and removed from records. 

First day as an ATIS tech TODAY

Hope it was a good one!

Eye In The Sky said:
Exactly, IAW DAOD 5019-4,  Consequences of Remedial Measures - Career Implications.

I knew of a guy who was on a RW, but due to a "miscommunication"on the unit part, NDHQ pers thought the mbr was actually on C & P.  A subsequent file review cleared up the issue, which also saw the RW quashed and removed from records. 

Hope it was a good one!

Yeah, but also seen someone put onto C&P then  placed onto a PLQ-L due to the reason that "The member works in the same building as the victim and it was easier to seperate the two"

Still fully disagreed,

and nothing changed, just put on a different beret and shirt

Back