• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MWO (Ret'd) John Carmody

Roy Harding

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
I'm looking for John. 

We served in 3VP together from '01 to '04. 

I understand he got out shortly after I did in '04.

Anybody know how to get 'hold of him??

Try calling the SNCOs' and WOs' Mess at Garrison Edmonton any Friday about 1600 LT. I know John use to go there frequently. Unfortunately, I'm not in Edmonton anymore or I would pass it on to him direct.  :salute:

Chimo said:
Try calling the SNCOs' and WOs' Mess at Garrison Edmonton any Friday about 1600 LT. I know John use to go there frequently. Unfortunately, I'm not in Edmonton anymore or I would pass it on to him direct.  :salute:

Thanks, Chimo - I used to go there fairly frequently myself.  It was my understanding that he had moved out East somewhere, living in the cabin he built.

I'll give the mess a try next Friday.

dont know where he is he poped up on the din though . tried emailing him and got the out of office reply

Hey I remember him. I remember Carmody when he was a Sgt. He was my platoon Sgt for my TQ3 - course 8586 Amiens Pl. Tough as nails soldier. He charged me with a section 119 for a small fleck of rust in the butt trap of my weapon...lol. $50 fine and one week orders parade, plus dish washing. Good thing Pte's Sealy and Garrioch took care of my kit during that time.

During that winter, 4 soldiers from my platoon had to go to the MIR with severe frostbite from having to sleep in hoochies in -26C weather. Sgt. Carmody was taken to task over this from W.O. Spellen. All around a good soldier I thought, if you could get around his temper and impatience at times. Example: While on the range, he was coaching me with trigger manipulation (squeeze the trigger) I fired 4 rounds into a one inch group (all rounds touching each other), and before I fired off the 5th round, he said DON"T FLINCH THIS SHOT !! Well, I still think I fired that final shot right into the center of the 4 (I'm sure of it), and that someone else had fired a round 6 - 8 inches outside the grouping. Dirty b astard that did that...lol. Well, Carmody didn't buy it, I flinched the shot and that's all there was to it. I had his combat boot stuffed so far up my A$$ for missing that final shot (which I didn't), I was smelling leather for a week. I never lived it down, that's when I got a section 119 for a small fleck of rust in the butt trap of my weapon. ...memories...lol

Back