• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Much appreciated, multi-topic advice...

Also, this is such an idiot question but could someone tell me the exact terminology to use in the search engine for Communicator Research Op?

bornsoldier said:
Also, this is such an idiot question but could someone tell me the exact terminology to use in the search engine for Communicator Research Op?

http://www.google.com/cse?cx=001303416948774225061%3Aqhcx9pz3dku&ie=UTF-8&q=comm&siteurl=www.google.com%2Fcse%2Fhome%3Fcx%3D001303416948774225061%3Aqhcx9pz3dku

mariomike said:
http://www.google.com/cse?cx=001303416948774225061%3Aqhcx9pz3dku&ie=UTF-8&q=comm&siteurl=www.google.com%2Fcse%2Fhome%3Fcx%3D001303416948774225061%3Aqhcx9pz3dku

Thanks, MarioMike!

bornsoldier said:
5. Any tips on increasing my running abilities? Bad knees and weak lungs have always been a struggle,  but I'm unwilling to let that stop me.

bad knees will always be bad knees. I have the same issue and it gets frustrating at times. They key to not letting your natural downfall get the best of you is strengthening all the muscles around the knees and stretching thoroughly before running. Doing this will allow the muscles to absorb the majority of the stress that would be on your joints (ankles/knees) from a high impact activity like running . Hit the gym and build up your calves/hamstrings/glutes/quads and your knees will likely suffer less. As for poor lung functionability, try High Intensity Interval Training. Going from low intensity to high intensity and back and forth for as long as you can handle. IE pick a street in a town, start jogging for a bit, then sprint when you reach a streetlight, stopping only when you reach the next streetlight. jog until the next one, and sprint again until the next one after that. keep doing this until you feel like you are going to faint. or until you actually faint. your call! hope this post helps. good luck!!!

5. Any tips on increasing my running abilities? Bad knees and weak lungs have always been a struggle,  but I'm unwilling to let that stop me.

Have you ever tried the pose running method? It eliminates allot of stress on your knees and will actually help increase you performance, I've recently started doing it and the difference is incredible. It almost gives you a spring type of effect pushing you forward (if done properly) as you run.

As for the weak lungs, if you smoke, stop. Your VO2 max will increase as your cardio and conditioning get better. It takes time.

Back