• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MS Office 365/MS Teams

Shrek1985

Inactive
Reaction score
Forgive me if this is the wrong place for this, but I cannot be the only person having issues with these programs?

I am heading the charity effort at work and need a file on a particular stream (?) of our new defence 365 network. I yet have some hope that it may just be emailed to me, but right now, I cannot find it anywhere else and it is proprietary to this program I am running for my unit.

So...MS Teams; keeps telling me my login is successful, but my system doesn't meet the requirements to actually be allowed into the system. Even if I wasn't heading the Charity-thing, I still need MS Teams/Defence 365 for my normal work.

This is perplexing as we were using MS Teams informally before now as part of our work from home efforts. And while my PC isn't the greatest, it's not a potato, either. It still lets me into the old informal account; I logged in and out to see if that was the issue. Still no good.

Thanks for your time.

Shrek1985 said:
Forgive me if this is the wrong place for this, but I cannot be the only person having issues with these programs?

I am heading the charity effort at work and need a file on a particular stream (?) of our new defence 365 network. I yet have some hope that it may just be emailed to me, but right now, I cannot find it anywhere else and it is proprietary to this program I am running for my unit.

So...MS Teams; keeps telling me my login is successful, but my system doesn't meet the requirements to actually be allowed into the system. Even if I wasn't heading the Charity-thing, I still need MS Teams/Defence 365 for my normal work.

This is perplexing as we were using MS Teams informally before now as part of our work from home efforts. And while my PC isn't the greatest, it's not a potato, either. It still lets me into the old informal account; I logged in and out to see if that was the issue. Still no good.

Thanks for your time.
Try a different browser? It doesn't seem to like IE for me and I will get the spinning wheel of death for extended periods.

If you try to sign onto MS Teams from a non-DWAN computer using the MS Teams app it will tell you that your sign on was successful but the system doesn't meet the security requirements - so a stab in the dark here, but it sounds like you're using the MS Teams app vice using a browser ;-) 

Google Chrome is what BTIS in Borden suggests that people use.
I was on Google Chrome from a non-DWAN computer all day today on MS Teams meeting and it worked good all day.

However, you can run the Teams app on an Android phone/tablet or an iPhone or iPad.  Because Jimmies Gonna Jimmy.

Does anyone know how to install and sync an ECN/Teams account on a civi laptop?

I called the CAF help desk people and got told to go ask someone at my work.

Jarnhamar said:

As above, log in via a compatible browser and not the app.

www.office.com

For the login, use your *@ecn.forces.gc.ca account.

garb811 said:
As above, log in via a compatible browser and not the app.

www.office.com

For the login, use your *@ecn.forces.gc.ca account.

Is there a way around the cell-phone authentication app?

Jarnhamar said:

Attachments

• Defence O365 onboarding with Android Phone.docx
    120.5 KB · Views: 27
dapaterson said:
However, you can run the Teams app on an Android phone/tablet or an iPhone or iPad.  Because Jimmies Gonna Jimmy.

Yeah, they're doing a pretty crappy job rushing out a project in 3 months that was, at the time, 5ish years away from IOC.  :facepalm:

PuckChaser said:
Yeah, they're doing a pretty crappy job rushing out a project in 3 months that was, at the time, 5ish years away from IOC.  :facepalm:

That was actually a backhanded compliment for sneaking in functionality through systems and processes that usually stomp it out.

dapaterson said:
That was actually a backhanded compliment for sneaking in functionality through systems and processes that usually stomp it out.

Like Shared DenialOfService Canada?

I've heard this question asked by many people: why did we switch to this?

Kilted said:
I've heard this question asked by many people: why did we switch to this?

Remote DWAN access capacity is limited; this scales more easily, and provides worldwide access without needing any hardware issued to individuals.

As a former class A reservist, a web-based email system for CAF would have been a godsend.

O365 is where the Microsoft Office suite is going. This project is actually supposed to dramatically change how we use DWAN, in that you won't need a Blackberry or a DVPNI computer to access your Protected A emails. There is a potential savings of 10s of millions a year in laptop procurements, smartphone device costs and monthly service charges. Not to mention having a O365 account gives you access to the Office Suite at home for free.

Before anyone panics, I highly doubt the apps will be forced on anyone's personal device, data costs are too expensive in Canada and that order wouldn't survive a grievance.

dapaterson said:
Remote DWAN access capacity is limited; this scales more easily, and provides worldwide access without needing any hardware issued to individuals.

As a former class A reservist, a web-based email system for CAF would have been a godsend.

As someone with a DVPNI laptop(tablet really), and an O365 account, the DVPNI is 100% more useful. I don't need to dig through OneDrive to make sure someone I send an attachment to is authorized to see the attachment when I use DWAN. I'm not stuck using a browser for all my work either.

Furniture said:
As someone with a DVPNI laptop(tablet really), and an O365 account, the DVPNI is 100% more useful. I don't need to dig through OneDrive to make sure someone I send an attachment to is authorized to see the attachment when I use DWAN. I'm not stuck using a browser for all my work either.

Until we issue DVPNI laptops to all class A personnel, O365 is an improvement.

But yes, OneDrive is the spawn of Satan.

dapaterson said:
Until we issue DVPNI laptops to all class A personnel, O365 is an improvement.

But yes, OneDrive is the spawn of Satan.

Not even all Class A, just leadership, making lesson plans would be a lot easier if i could just get on ACIMS or the electronic library to get the reference material i need, but i gotta make sure i find time on a wednesday,weeks prior to try and find the materials i need, email them to my self, etc..

Just from my personal interest point of view because of my involvement with JAG CIMP some years back, is there an enterprise wide file management system like RDIMS at the back end of O365 or is the OneDrive solution a user by user thing?

I personally avoid the standard civilian version of OneDrive like the plague.

:cheers:

Back