• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MP Shifts

tannerthehammer

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
Do MP's usually work 4 on 4 off?  Do they do 12 hour shifts usually? or five 8 hour shifts per week?

Thanks

depends on what you do. Patrol members in cold lake are on a 4on-4off-5on-5off type of schedule. Some members are on day staff, normal 8-4 5days a week.

But it varies from guard house to guard house.

Most shift work is a 28 day cycle of 12 hours per shift (6-6) normally set up as:

2 days, 2 nights, 5 off, 2 days, 3 nights, 4 off, 3 days, 2 nights, 5 off.  Rinse and repeat.

So you'd work Monday, Tuesday days, Wednesday, Thursday nights, be off until the next Wednesday...

MP 00161 said:
Most shift work is a 28 day cycle of 12 hours per shift (6-6) normally set up as:

2 days, 2 nights, 5 off, 2 days, 3 nights, 4 off, 3 days, 2 nights, 5 off.  Rinse and repeat.

So you'd work Monday, Tuesday days, Wednesday, Thursday nights, be off until the next Wednesday...

That is sweet...This sounds good...Seems similar to civi police scheduling...

Right now I have to decide between applying to the MP's or going and finishing a degree for 2 years and then applying to civi police or the MP's...

Hey, I searched and couldn't find to much on the subject.

I'm in the mid-end of the application process woo! Living near CFB Trenton. My questions for all the MP's is what sort of shift cycle do they work?

I know civilian police forces have different ones like 12's 4 on 4 off, 12's 8 on 6 off etc.

Any insight would be appreciated. Also, I don't think MP's work OT unless I'm wrong.

Thanks

Bbmoveup said:
Also, I don't think MP's work OT unless I'm wrong.

See,

MP OVERTIME PAY ( from 2009 )
https://army.ca/forums/threads/89610/post-880766.html#msg880766
2 pages.

Back