• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MP recruiting 2017/18/19

garb811 said:
Congrats! You should be headed to BMQ-L, but given the shift of the start date of the QL3 to the left into July in order to accommodate SFST at the end of the QL3, it probably isn't going to happen and I'd guess you're going to be told to take leave or get sent somewhere for a brief OJE period. If that happens,  you should be sent on your BMQ-L shortly after arrival at your first posting.

You will get asked for your 3 potential choices not long after you start your QL3 but won't actually find out where you are posted until about a month before graduation.

What does BMQ-L consist of? I just found out yesterday I start it Monday the 8th. I’m a little nervous about it.

Well my ot went through and I got selected! So I'll see you guys on the actual course as I don't have to do basic or bmq land.

Sinah said:
Well my ot went through and I got selected! So I'll see you guys on the actual course as I don't have to do basic or bmq land.

Congrats! Where are you doing OJE? Or are you staying with your current unit until course?

tEt2point0 said:
Congrats! Where are you doing OJE? Or are you staying with your current unit until course?

I'm not sure, I have a tentative COS date of July so if I'm on the next course seems like I will be staying with my unit unless that date changes. I would prefer OJE but I won't complain I'm in a good spot at my unit so time will still fly by and I can help get some stuff done before I'm out of there.

Sinah said:
I'm not sure, I have a tentative COS date of July so if I'm on the next course seems like I will be staying with my unit unless that date changes. I would prefer OJE but I won't complain I'm in a good spot at my unit so time will still fly by and I can help get some stuff done before I'm out of there.

Well good luck, hope to meet you on course

Sinah said:
The next QL3 is scheduled to start on 17 Jul 19, so if the timelines from last year hold, your actual posting date to BTL won't give you any time for OJE. As with any posting though, you can ask for a 30 day move to the left; the other option is to just ask to do your OJE informally prior to the posting to BTL.

garb811 said:
The next QL3 is scheduled to start on 17 Jul 19, so if the timelines from last year hold, your actual posting date to BTL won't give you any time for OJE. As with any posting though, you can ask for a 30 day move to the left; the other option is to just ask to do your OJE informally prior to the posting to BTL.

I just finished my BMQ last week and got posted on OJT in Ottawa for the time being. I have not been told when my next training would be (which I am assuming would be SQ/BMQ-L from what I am reading above). Are all MP candidates who finish basic before June guaranteed a spot on the next QL3 course in June, or is there a chance that I would miss this course and have to sit around Ottawa for a while?

GermanWolf said:
I just finished my BMQ last week and got posted on OJT in Ottawa for the time being. I have not been told when my next training would be (which I am assuming would be SQ/BMQ-L from what I am reading above). Are all MP candidates who finish basic before June guaranteed a spot on the next QL3 course in June, or is there a chance that I would miss this course and have to sit around Ottawa for a while?
If you make it through BMQ-L in time, yes, you will have a spot.

mphopeful19 said:
How is everyone doing? Anyone get the invite for the July MPAC happening in TO?

I haven't heard anything I was a little late on getting my medical for last one. Hopefully I get the word Soo .

Has anyone heard back after their MPAC? It's been about two weeks since I had mine and still no response. I want to know if anyone else is in the same boat.

Have you received your results? Also does anyone know what the remaining intake is for the year? Also when is the next selection date?

I did my MPAC in Toronto on July 3rd and got a response July 24th that I was on the competition list in Ottawa. Hope everyone else is hearing good news

Back