• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MP recruiting 2017/18/19

Nooooo!!! That sucks!!! I don’t understand why they would load you on the BMQ-L when it’s not a requirement for the MP QL3 unless they changed it. 95% of the people on my 3s didn’t have there Land yet and will have to go at a later date. I find that totally unfair to you guys really, having to take a month long course that isn’t needed immediately and push back your 3s because of it. Not cool. I’d make a few calls or talk to a few people to try and get on your 3s and do Land afterwards. My 2 cents in this matter. Your career course is what is most important.

coyote489 said:
Nooooo!!! That sucks!!! I don’t understand why they would load you on the BMQ-L when it’s not a requirement for the MP QL3 unless they changed it. 95% of the people on my 3s didn’t have there Land yet and will have to go at a later date. I find that totally unfair to you guys really, having to take a month long course that isn’t needed immediately and push back your 3s because of it. Not cool. I’d make a few calls or talk to a few people to try and get on your 3s and do Land afterwards. My 2 cents in this matter. Your career course is what is most important.

Do you know where I could find out if it is a requirement or not?

coyote489 said:

:facepalm: Don't give the member bad advice! It may not be a career course, but it certainly important.  :facepalm:

The MP branch has decided that members need this course prior to going on their QL5 course, so many members are finding themselves delayed in their QL5 because they didnt have BMQ-L. Not to mention they aren't deploying members without it. What is more important, waiting a few extra months to be course loaded, or getting to trade qualified, getting caught in the tempo we are in right now, units not wanting to let their members go away for BMQ-L, then rushing last minute to fill them on courses because their 5s are coming up? Id argue the former.

I have seen members grieve and lose this issue recently. I have seen members miss out on deployments because of this, denied 5s because of it, and I have seen members from previous trades who have done it, have to do it again because its not the proper course code! If the member can substantiate a PLAR, proceed with that, but prepare to go just in case.

So before you go off giving bad advice, and how it wasn't that way for you, look at the bigger picture; this member is better off doing this course now and not having to worry about it later, even if that means a slight delay in loading on their QL3.

Further, advising the member to "make a few calls" is unprofessional and may land the member in hot water with their chain. How on earth is that beneficial to the member? Remember people who read these forums may be new to the forces and not fully understand how to go through proper channels(not saying this is the case with this member) but advising the way you did is not going to solve any of the problems.

Just my  :2c:

trooper142 said:
:facepalm: Don't give the member bad advice! It may not be a career course, but it certainly important.  :facepalm:

The MP branch has decided that members need this course prior to going on their QL5 course, so many members are finding themselves delayed in their QL5 because they didnt have BMQ-L. Not to mention they aren't deploying members without it. What is more important, waiting a few extra months to be course loaded, or getting to trade qualified, getting caught in the tempo we are in right now, units not wanting to let their members go away for BMQ-L, then rushing last minute to fill them on courses because their 5s are coming up? Id argue the former.

I have seen members grieve and lose this issue recently. I have seen members miss out on deployments because of this, denied 5s because of it, and I have seen members from previous trades who have done it, have to do it again because its not the proper course code! If the member can substantiate a PLAR, proceed with that, but prepare to go just in case.

So before you go off giving bad advice, and how it wasn't that way for you, look at the bigger picture; this member is better off doing this course now and not having to worry about it later, even if that means a slight delay in loading on their QL3.

Further, advising the member to "make a few calls" is unprofessional and may land the member in hot water with their chain. How on earth is that beneficial to the member? Remember people who read these forums may be new to the forces and not fully understand how to go through proper channels(not saying this is the case with this member) but advising the way you did is not going to solve any of the problems.

Just my  :2c:

Appreciate the reply. I am perfectly willing to go if my PLAR doesn't end up going through. I'd just rather not go a on a course I don't need because I have already done it and use those 3-4 weeks taking part in OJE.

Very good advice indeed. All you have said makes a lot more sense. I can just feel their pain was all, I am sure they were looking very forward to starting their 3s this summer. But yes I see what you are talking about. I only spoke out of surprise because They just graduated 39 new MPs in May with maybe 4-5 having completed their BMQ-L from previous service.

I’ll take your advice for next time though. Thanks.

BMQ-L is a career course and before MP are eligible to be loaded on the QL3 they require it.  The MA has been waiving this requirement in order to keep production up in order to get the Branch out of the Red/Yellow and firmly into the Green.  By the book, all the MP who have graduated QL3 and who are lacking BMQ-L have still not reached their OFP, which is sort of a big deal since they technically shouldn't be off of the BTL and trooper142 has mentioned a few of the knock-ons from this, but there are more.

The Branch is finally in a position to start getting people into the proper stream and giving blanket waivers.  This is a good thing because trust me, the last thing you want as MP is to be "out in the wild" for a few months, or years, and then suddenly be back at the BMQ level.

Finally, the requirement for MP and MPO to follow the Army career development stream is NOT a MP Branch decision, but rather one that was made by Armed Forces Council.

Coyote489:  Many of your course are in for a shock when they report in as within the last week an unscheduled BMQ-L has been added for July, in addition to the one in August.  When folks report in there is a good chance that rather than them hitting the road in a big white patrol car, they will be hitting the road in order to attend BMQ-L.  If you haven't reported in yet, you just might be one of them.

IF anyone is in this position and want to submit a PLAR but are having difficulty in getting the assistance from your unit, PM me and I will let you know what to do and what you need to prove.  It is unlikely that someone is going to get a PLAR through between now and August though.

danteh said:
Appreciate the reply. I am perfectly willing to go if my PLAR doesn't end up going through. I'd just rather not go a on a course I don't need because I have already done it and use those 3-4 weeks taking part in OJE.

Why?  OJE isn’t beneficial to you as it serves to teach you habits the academy probably won’t be fond of.

The only purpose OJE serves is to justify giving you a pay check.  I don’t mean to put you or any OJE’s down but the fact of th matter is at this point you’re nothing more than a liability the guys and girls on shift have to babysit.

If you can get your BMQ-L done you’d be a fool to try and put it off to do 3-4 weeks being an OJE.

ExRCDcpl said:
Why?  OJE isn’t beneficial to you as it serves to teach you habits the academy probably won’t be fond of.

The only purpose OJE serves is to justify giving you a pay check.  I don’t mean to put you or any OJE’s down but the fact of th matter is at this point you’re nothing more than a liability the guys and girls on shift have to babysit.

If you can get your BMQ-L done you’d be a fool to try and put it off to do 3-4 weeks being an OJE.

It’s not about getting it done or not... If I’ve already done it there is no point in doing it again. Plus I work in a job where our OJEs aren’t allowed to do anything also, probably as close to the same situation as an MP, but you’d be surprised how much they learn just by watching from the sidelines.

danteh said:
It’s not about getting it done or not... If I’ve already done it there is no point in doing it again. Plus I work in a job where our OJEs aren’t allowed to do anything also, probably as close to the same situation as an MP, but you’d be surprised how much they learn just by watching from the sidelines.

Well it would seem at this point I have to disagree with the comment “it’s not about getting it done.”  If Ottawa has decided you have to redo SQ then it most certainly is about “getting it done.”

I’m not saying OJE’s don’t learn a few things.  What I am saying, however, is what you learn may potentially cause you issues at the academy if you try and do something the way you saw on OJE vice what you were taught.

Believe me....as much as you don’t think you will revert back to what you learnt on OJE while at the academy......in my experience you will at least once and it may or may not cause issues.

I just received unofficial word that im on the SQ in Aug in Valcartier... kind of an unexpected curveball.
Guess that means 3s are in Jan.

Going to be odd being on course with kids right out of basic.
Play the game and check in the box then go back home to be in the way on shift in the det haha

Is there anyone else on here that is loaded on the August 1st QL3?

and so it begins... My Military Police career, first day of OJT is half over and I haven't pissed anyone off yet.

Cheers all,

Finally, after months of nothingness I heard back from the CAF today. My MCC informed me that my application was moving on to the background and criminal record checks (I had my Interview and Medical back in January).

Generally speaking, how long does this part of the process take?

Any confirmation from Garb811 that BII/MPAC is happening at the end of October? Would I likely make it to this stage in Oct. barring any snags in the current process? Thanks.

WestCoastOntarian said:
Cheers all,

Finally, after months of nothingness I heard back from the CAF today. My MCC informed me that my application was moving on to the background and criminal record checks (I had my Interview and Medical back in January).

Generally speaking, how long does this part of the process take?

Any confirmation from Garb811 that BII/MPAC is happening at the end of October? Would I likely make it to this stage in Oct. barring any snags in the current process? Thanks.
The mid-end Oct MPOAC/BII is still on the books.

If your file has left the CFRC and it is the MP Selection Coordinator that is doing those checks, then yes, chances are that is when they are looking to have your file ready for the BII.

What a tease, the RC sends me an e-mail with an offer of employment and then one minute later, responds to it telling me to disregard that e-mail..

Well the good news is they still have your contact info!  :facepalm:

So it turns out they need to make sure I'm a Canadian citizen and stuff like that. Any idea if this is truly the last step?

Haha, good news is - the offer was official! Some documents were lost in translation between the RC and HQ. I'm all set to go :D

Back