• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MP MPO statistic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdb1231

Inactive
Reaction score
What is the ratio of # of MPO to MP?
Is it rare for someone to be selected for MPO without a criminology degree. For example econ, psycho, sociology, political science degree, etc....?
What percentage of MP and MPO are currently deployed?

From memory:

About 200 MPO to 1200 MP (Reg Force only, not a clue what the Reserves are currently parading).  If you want hard numbers, I'll dig them up tomorrow.
Degree:  For DEO I would venture it's almost unheard of to not have a Criminology degree.
Deployed:  Probably around 2%, down from around 8-10% at the height of Afghanistan.

From recruiting

Military Police members must be courageous, dedicated, patient, and tactful. They must have good reasoning abilities, good powers of observation, a memory for detail, initiative, physical and mental stamina, and a genuine interest in working with and helping all members of the community. They must also communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.

To be eligible for a position as a Commissioned Military Police Officer, candidates must have an undergraduate degree from a recognised university, preferably in a criminal justice-related field. Commissioned Officer entry plans may differ depending on qualifications.

Candidates must also meet CF medical standards and successfully complete a selection process consisting of interviews and a wide range of examinations.

Following the initial screening, all eligible candidates will attend a career orientation and undergo aptitude assessment at a Military Police Assessment Centre (MPAC), to ensure that they have a realistic view of the Military Police occupation and the potential to succeed.

Direct Entry Officer (DEO) – To qualify for direct entry as a Military Police Officer, candidates should already possess a university undergraduate degree in a related discipline.

Note that it does not specify a degree but it should be in a related strain.

After a three-year absence, you return with this?

Did you not say:
Military Police Branch / Re: MP Academy
« on: October 20, 2009, 03:45:54 »

Once again, that did not answer my question.  You obviously wasted your time replying to that where as you could have just provided the answer instead of being a smart a**.
-----

But now I have found the answer to my question...There must be a lot of time off if people like you can sit here and waste your time on an irrelevant reply to a simple, honest question.
I guess it's different when you're not asking the questions.    ::)

3649 said:
Way to stay on topic.  You must be an officer.
Way to try to shift the blame for going off topic, you must be a politician  ;D

...and this thread has been answered and is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back