• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Moving back home to Edmonton after 5 years.

psaintjean18

Inactive
Reaction score
I moved out of Edmonton on my last year of high school which is grade 12 of 2015. I did come to a deep realization that I didn't graduate with enough credits to get a diploma that following summer and ended up moving to Florida to fully understand myself and work multiple full time jobs. I am a Canadian citizen and also 21 years old at this point but now I'm just completely homesick and I want to come back home the RIGHT way. My mother is currently thinking of moving out of the city and down to Ottawa so me staying there is out of the window now but I can't picture myself living anywhere else but Edmonton and so I thought going straight active duty for a couple years would be a smart decision to save up for my own property while living on base quarters. I always have seen myself in the military and would like to either become a light infantryman or artilleryman, I did complete the application a couple of days ago but didn't get my transcript from the education board yet so I'm waiting on that. I did mess up on the application because I wasn't too sure if reserve or active duty is the right decision for me at the moment, I feel that going active duty would be the smarter route for me at this point but at the same time don't know how the situation would go for me.  I've been running 3 miles, 4 times a week, under 15 minutes and lifting weights properly for the past 2 years now so I can say that I'm pretty fit at the moment and don't want this to go to waste. I was offered to join the U.S Army but it doesn't feel right for me to serve in the U.S Military and would meet a big disappointment. Just curious, a person with all this going on but knows he wants to serve with the Canadian Armed Forces, will I get rejected automatically or do I have a chance to prove myself that I want to be where I see myself without a diploma. (Just wanted to tell you guys the full story and be in my shoes to understand what's going on here)

Back