• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Moving allowance for Class C service?

x-grunt

Reaction score
Hi,
I've done a search and did not find an answer to these 2 questions.

Is a reservist on long term class C (in Canada) entitled to:
a)moving allowance
b)PMQ for my family

Anyone know? I'm discussing my enlistment with my wife, and trying to plan out my possible choices for future employment.

Thanks

x-grunt said:
... Is a reservist on long term class C (in Canada) entitled to:
a)moving allowance
b)PMQ for my family
Anyone know? I'm discussing my enlistment with my wife, and trying to plan out my possible choices for future employment.

Normally reservists on fulltime service can apply for a PMQ, depending on the availability of their location.

However, it's extremely annoying to hear that any long-term cl "C" employment in Canada is being offered, since that's an abuse of the system - cl "C" is intended for operational employment, outside of Canada (or maternity leave ... demonstrating the operational necessity of backfilling somebody on maternity leave ... as opposed to all the other posns which only get paid cl "A" ... but, I digress ...) - within Canada reservists get stuck on cl "B" in order to save the CF a few bucks ...
(and, my favourite ... since it's over a thousand bucks in Toronto ... apparently reservists have a magic discount card, so they don't need PLD)

Thanks for the info. That's helpful.

As for your Class C beef, I must say I am new to this so I am unaware of the system as it is supposed to work. I simply know that NavRes who crew the operational MCDV's are Class C if on long term contracts - I'm told this can be up to 3 years.

I assume that's because this is an operational posting, and they do go outside Canadian waters. That would align with your definition of Class C.

PLD?

x-grunt said:

Post Living Differential - varies in amount, depending on location - they'll explain until they're blue in the face that it's NOT a Cost Of Living Allowance ... but in layman's terms, that's a simple analogy.

Back