• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Movember Mustache

mba2011

Inactive
Reaction score
i was just wondering the regulations on facial hair, ie a mustache for Movember. I am a OCdt attending A civillian university on ROTP, though I am occasionaly on the base. Any guidence, suggestions you could provide would be helpful.

mairey said:
i was just wondering the regulations on facial hair, ie a mustache for Movember. I am a OCdt attending A civillian university on ROTP, though I am occasionaly on the base. Any guidence, suggestions you could provide would be helpful.

Don't go to base for a month?  :nod: 

Conversely one could write a memo to your ULO asking for permission to grow a moustache.

MJP said:
Don't go to base for a month?  :nod: 

Conversely one could write a memo to your ULO asking for permission to grow a moustache.

Why would you need to ask permission to grow a moustache? :dunno:

You don't need permission to grow a mustache. You can just do it. Expect some snarky comments though.

I showed up on Nov 11th last year with my Movember 'stache (and it was horrible), my OC sneered at it before being reminded that there was nothing wrong with it.

recceguy said:

I don't know either but he was looking for solutions.  Some bases treat their people differently regardless of the actual regulations out there.

MJP said:
I don't know either but he was looking for solutions.  Some bases treat their people differently regardless of the actual regulations out there.

Well, based on your observation, specifying the base would be helpful for us to give him a solution, wouldn't you agree?

Otherwise, I second the  :dunno:

smiley_moustache.gif

recceguy said:

I think it has something to do with matching your ID Card.

Re: Regulations on hair colouring

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2003, 18:42:00 »

Asked my SSM today.. after my other post... He said that hair should not go to extremes, and that‘s all, "conservative" is the word he used.. As for the whole "your hair has to match your ID card" that some people state, then the same thing would apply to people‘s growing of facial hair he said!! If you have a moustache in your ID picture, then by rights, you HAVE to have a moustache!

57Chevy said:
I think it has something to do with matching your ID Card.

Re: Regulations on hair colouring

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2003, 18:42:00 »

Asked my SSM today.. after my other post... He said that hair should not go to extremes, and that‘s all, "conservative" is the word he used.. As for the whole "your hair has to match your ID card" that some people state, then the same thing would apply to people‘s growing of facial hair he said!! If you have a moustache in your ID picture, then by rights, you HAVE to have a moustache!

Maybe for beards. Moustaches come and go. I've been hearing the ID card thing since 68, but I've never been shown it in any directive. I believe it might just be one of those things that's been repeated so often, people think it's gospel. That would mean every female that got a haircut or let the hair grow out, every guy that grew a moustache, for Movember, etc would be in violation of policy. I just don't buy it, unless someone can prove it. If you can be identified by the picture, no matter the hair, facial or otherwise, the card is valid.

All ranks of the CF may wear a mustache.  No permission required.  Just grow it.  You only need to get a new ID card if you grow a beard (Chapt 2, Section 2 , Para 5a.(3) of the Dress Manual refers).

I have organized a Movember team in the mess I belong to for the last two years. Sure, we looked a little funny on Remembrance Day, but it was more the standard than the exception. We raised $1200 for the cause and brought some awareness as we fielded many questions as to why suddenly everyone had a moustache. Some were better than others, and some were in danger of deportation, but all in all it was a good team building exercise and generally regarded as a success for our mess.

Good luck to all of you participating for the first time, and make sure you read up on exactly what the cause is and formulate your own reason as to why you are doing it, because undoubtedly you will be fielding a few questions. Only four days left until the command "on your own time, grow on" is given, so start handing out your pledge forms.

Edited - spelling

I also participated in Movember last year.  Remembrance Day and a large mess dinner were 2 big uniform events that i did look slightly ridiculous but that was my intent (i don't grow staches very well apparently), it's a great ice breaker to state that your fundraising for Men's health.

This year i will be participating again but am focusing all my fundraising energy on my 2012 Ride To Conquer Cancer.

Good luck to all indeed.

Cheers

PV

Redeye said:
You don't need permission to grow a mustache. You can just do it. Expect some snarky comments though.

I showed up on Nov 11th last year with my Movember 'stache (and it was horrible), my OC sneered at it before being reminded that there was nothing wrong with it.

Don't be so self-conscious, dude. You were more 'inappopriately affectionate uncle' than 'child molester'.  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmONqH5zVDI

Little help with the clean up :D

Back