• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

More on Pat Tillman

Genesis

Inactive
Reaction score
She‘s about as whacked out as they come. Let‘s stay locked up in our country, never risk anything to help anyone, and then everyone will like us. What a nut job.

The sad thing is, Pat Tillman lost his life while fighting to protect people like her. Wether or not the war is legitemate is immaterial....the fact that he was willing to give up a life of gauranteed luxury in order to risk his life trying to defend the rights and lives of his fellow citizens....that‘s what makes the man a hero. That some over-opinionated and under-educated college student fails to realise this is not at all surprising, and not important either. The rest of us will honour his memory.

That some over-opinionated and under-educated college student fails to realise this is not at all surprising, and not important either.
Very sad, but very true. RIP

Major - what was the source, for that? I‘d like to dig into it a little....

Yes, she‘s a self-importent boob, but you do have to admit that if Pat Tillman had left high school or university to fight, there wouldn‘t have been such coverage on CNN.

I meant is it a verifiable source (news article, website, etc.), or something that you got forwarded, via e-mail?

Ah, a self-importent university female boob. No wonder she hates war and everything that goes along with it. I have a feeling that if the U.S. had invaded Peurto Rico instead, she would be happy that they were in charge.
Wait a second, I‘m not attacking the U.S! Something‘s terribley wrong!!!! :D

Why are educated people against war, whats wrong with them? I mean, if it weren‘t for armed conflict our industry would probably seize to exist.
They need to understand that war is in mans nature, Tillman was one of many soldiers fighting bravely to keep our SUV‘s going, I salute and thank him for being able to afford my Oldsmobile Bravada.

Any rational person is against war. The "young educated people" don‘t protest war, they protest US actions. I didn‘t see too many "young educated people" marching around with signs demanding that the Rwanda massacres be stopped at once, or that Saddam Hussein cease killing Kurds. But every time the US moves a finger, there seems to be a plague of useless ****s ready to protest. Why do they do it? My personal view on the matter is that it‘s just an extension of teen angst. Teens rebel against their parents, college students rebel against the government. Most eventually grow up and settle down.

Anyway, there‘s a big difference between going to college and being educated. You might want to rethink calling them "young educated people".

...to insert himself into a conflict he didn‘t need to insert himself into...
She obviously wasn‘t about to do it. As we know, if everyone had that attitude North America would likely be a German-speaking region.

It wasn‘t like he was defending the East coast from an invasion of a foreign power...
Was this woman in a coma on 9/11? Boy, people who are educated and yet so blind to the real world just fry my arse. What state does she suppose Peurto Rico would be in if the US wasn‘t it‘s big, caring brother. This type of article makes me shake my head so much that I need to end this response now... .. .

48Highlander, agreed. I get a lot of these granola-crunching morons here at U of T that predominantly don‘t have a clue on what‘s going on behind the scenes in some authoritarian countries, while exuting rage over news of US military actions.

P.S.
I was quicker than you, at correcting myself. ;)

Napalm,

Tillman wasn‘t there for your SUV you friggin boob. I hope your mil experience stays the same as it‘s stated in your profile.

Condor88800

Your post with regards to "...admit that if Pat Tillman had left high school or university to fight, there wouldn‘t have been such coverage on CNN" is sadly true. The 100+ American soldiers and marines who died there just this month alone deserved as much status and attention as he did. Christ! A man, clearly talented and intelligent, gives up a multi-million dollar job that keeps him in the limelight in the USA to give back to his country and this greasy civvie fugnut student has the gall to write this about him. I hope she chokes tonight on her vomit in some UMass drinking party.

Ummmm, yes he was...
But let‘s stick with your more passionate version.

P.S.
Unfortunately for you Padraig, army recruiters found me suitable for military service as a infantryman, and regardless of my views, I attempt to be the best performing soldier in my unit.

Attempt, eh? Get used to seing the phrase "Nice guy, tries hard, bottom third" :p

A link to a CNN article about the story.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/football/nfl/04/29/bc.fbn.umass.tillmanfla.ap/index.html?cnn=yes

I found it very difficult to read Rene Gonzalez‘ comments, and in fact did not finish reading them. I made it through he first paragraph and moved on. Not worth my or anyone else's time. He was, by all those that knew him, an outstanding human being and someone who will be sorely missed. Rest in Peace.
Greg

Pat Tillman lived by a set of values and a code of ethics that are foreign to people like Gonzalez.

sometimes, even though it would affect me as well, I think that the typical university education age is too young, as too many ‘enlightened‘ students make immature comments and statements like these. (student protests anyone?)

Also, according to the CNN article, the author is a MAN, not a woman - stupid gender-ambiguous names :confused:

Back