• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Morale Patches

F

fraserdw

Let's discuss, in a jovial manner, morale patches.  Got any, do they represent anything more than tongue in cheek or are they unprofessional and culturally insensitive?  I got "Taliban Hunting Club", "Infidel" and "Pork Eating Crusader", as well as "Merry Xmas and Peace on Earth--- You are welcome!".

I got Afghanistan  Punisher patch.. something like my avatar.

Some are alright I guess, unit ones are fine, but IMO it's kind of stupid when people cover every possible inch of velcro with those moral patches.

-Skeletor- said:
Some are alright I guess, unit ones are fine, but IMO it's kind of stupid when people cover every possible inch of velcro with those moral patches though.

Agree.. there is major overkill, I've seen.

I really want to pick up the 'F*** it, we'll do it live' patch from MilSpecMonkey. It's something I've uttered in frustration (or perverse glee) more than once, then I found out it's a patch. A bunch of our troops loaded up on patches at the PX in Ft Knox, and we've had to slap a few down who thought they could get away with wearing them in garrison. Overkill- yeah, one or two are fine. guys who engage in velcro abuse make baby Jesus cry though.

No need to restate my opinion on a few of the other patches that are out there per the other thread- I know it's the intent of this thread to avoid that, so I'll respect it.

What I've seen in at least three units now are unit patches that seem to have unit sanction and that guys are wearing on the velcro pocket on the left sleeve of their rain jacket. Anyone seeing this in other areas? I know that DLR is working on a formal system of patches for friendly force identification. I've long been a fan of the American system of a unit patch on the arm- though I recognize that they don't do the distinct unit headdress thing that we do.

One of my favorites that I do not have is the "Suck Meter".

Brihard said:
What I've seen in at least three units now are unit patches that seem to have unit sanction and that guys are wearing on the velcro pocket on the left sleeve of their rain jacket. Anyone seeing this in other areas?
I've seen some guys who have stuck a square of tartan there. I'm assuming it was sanctioned, at some level, given the location.

Rheostatic said:
I've seen some guys who have stuck a square of tartan there. I'm assuming it was sanctioned, at some level, given the location.

That's the Camerons; the same square of regimental tartan as is worn behind the cap badge. The GGFG wear an enlarged version of the Guards tatch, and I've seen sappers from 33 CER with a regimental patch as well. The frequency and the contexts in which I've seen these suggest that all have unit sanction, and I know that the brigade chain of command all the way up saw enough of them in Ft Knox and wasn't troubled by it.

I have a few. One that says "Patience my ass, let's kill something", one that says "all leave cancelled until morale improves" and one that has the MS Outlook logo with "MS OUTLOOK 3000 emails".

There is a bunch of MS ones revolving around the amount of use and level of proficiency. :p

Brihard said:
That's the Camerons; the same square of regimental tartan as is worn behind the cap badge. The GGFG wear an enlarged version of the Guards tatch, and I've seen sappers from 33 CER with a regimental patch as well. The frequency and the contexts in which I've seen these suggest that all have unit sanction, and I know that the brigade chain of command all the way up saw enough of them in Ft Knox and wasn't troubled by it.

Oh... goodie... it is like a UK Tactical Recognition Flash.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tactical_recognition_flash

MC

milnews.ca said:
Even in the CF days, the legal name according to the NDA has always been CAF, so sounds from the outside looking in like the good idea fairies are at 'er ...
$_1.JPG

Have those patches been mass produced?

George Wallace said:
There are several on e-bay:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/121568271772

Topic getting off track... but all sold. I've messaged the seller about more. =D

Not to derail the other thread with morale patches... I wish I had of bought the Omar the Dead Terrorist "Silence!  We killed him and we'll kill you" patch that was briefly on sale at the Dutch PX in KAF.  You snooze, you lose.

Anyone know of the original supplier of this one (there are some on ebay) and its cost w/shipping?

$_1.JPG

Most of the ebay ones are going for around USD $7 and then shipping.

Contacted the seller on eBay about those patches. He doesn't have anymore and doesn't suspect he ever will  :(

Always thought this one was appropriate to both my military service and my present employment

kitd-fohs-patch-12597-p.jpg

Back