• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Mooseheads DND Appreciation Night- November 8‏

Eye In The Sky

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
Hope to see some of you there.  GO MOOSE!

Halifax Mooseheads vs. Moncton Wildcats
Date: Saturday, November 8th
Time: 7 p.m.
Where: Halifax Metro Centre
Tickets: $7 each (youth & adult) at the PSP Information Kiosk

A MUST SEE...BUY YOUR TICKETS TODAY!!!

The Halifax Mooseheads Hockey Club, in partnership with Canadian Forces Halifax Personnel Support Programs are pleased to present its annual Halifax Mooseheads DND Appreciation Night.  The Mooseheads will be wearing red jerseys with the CF crest embroidered on them as well as the yellow support the troops ribbon on their helmets as a special tribute to the Canadian Forces. Fans are asked to wear red to this game as a show of support for our Canadian Forces troops and veterans.  The Mooseheads will provide PSP Halifax with all 25 game jerseys to be auctioned off with proceeds going to a Canadian Forces charity prior to Christmas. Details of the charity of choice will be announced at a later date.  A Canadian Forces Stadacona Band anthem singer, who will be accompanied by a Canadian Forces Flag Party, will be performing O'Canada. Videos and still clips will also be played on the big screen throughout the course of the evening.  Tickets are available at the PSP Information Kiosk, located at A-Block, building S-21, Stadacona, and the mobile kiosks located Wednesdays from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Fleet Fitness and Sports Centre and Thursdays from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Shearwater Fitness and Sports Centre. Seating for the game is assigned at the kiosk and located in the lower section of the upper bowl at centre ice. For further information please contact the kiosk at 721-1201.

Wouldn't miss it...been to a few this year...team isn't doing so well but hey...gotta support the team...all new young guys...GO MOOSE GO!!!!

HL

On a side note, apparently the Winnipeg Blue Bombers are having Military Appreciation Day on Saturday 1 November 2008. It's not been well advertised, or maybe I live in a cave....lol

I don't believe it has been advertised much. I haven't seen it at least.  Then again since the Free Press went on strike I've been a little out of touch with the outside world of Winnipeg.

From Bomber site.
http://www.bluebombers.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=919&Itemid=330
Granted, I just saw some tickets "floating" around here this afternoon, other than that, like OS mentioned, there hasn't been much info.

EDIT: All the tickets I saw were in the North end zone, section N.

Hmmm... Military Obstacle Course at half-time ??? (on the poster)

Does that mean the CF recruiting centre is setting up shop for half time (jk)

I was there and it seemed to me only 17 Wing pers were there. There MAY have been a token presence from the ARMY Reserves, ie those that occupyt Minto and MacGregor Armouries.
Like I said, it wasn't well advertised down at Minto. :(

OS, we didn't find out (or at least I didn't) until Thursday afternoon'sh.
As well, I had been told that the lions share of the tickets went to 17 Wing, I can't bee %100 certain that this was the fact so, take it for what its worth.

Wish I would have went, was a pretty good game from what I did see on TV.

OldSolduer said:
I was there and it seemed to me only 17 Wing pers were there. There MAY have been a token presence from the ARMY Reserves, ie those that occupyt Minto and MacGregor Armouries.
Like I said, it wasn't well advertised down at Minto. :(

I know we had quite a bit of e-mails going around the Wing advertising tickets. I wish I had of gone but I didn't get around to getting tickets in time and was on duty anyways.

Back