• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Moose Milk and Other Regimental Drinks

In our Mess, if you mention the name of a particular past Major\ Acting CO of our Regiment, who has since been 'replaced', (fired would be impolite), you have to buy a round of 'Boils' for everyone present.

As in a 'boil on our ass'.

You may call him the Boil, in the Mess, but not use his surname.

The drink is equal parts Tequila Rose and Baileys, typically two ounces.

The toast is "To the Boil", then you spit, then you drink.

Even people that seldom partake of alcohol, seldom turn down the opportunity to curse his existence.

If it isn't already stickied, could a mod/whoever please do so?  I've pointed this page to my RAAF friends who've been pestering me for Moose Milk recipes.

Ya know, International Relations and all.  :nod:

Our Regimental Drink is Scotch either on the rocks or with water (no soda allowed) Since standing back up it is Glen Breton. 15 or so years ago before there even looked like a hope that the Regiment would be reinstated, the members of the Association bought one of the first bottles of Glen Breton Rare and placed it above the Bar in the Garrison Officers Mess. It was dubbed "the Survivors Bottle" the last 3 members of the Association would get to drink it.

In the JR's mess at 4 RCR, T Coy Stratford they had an interesting drink.
Called the Helmet.
A old helmet with handles on it which was filled with just about anything & everything behind the bar. Passed around until finished.

X Royal said:
A old helmet with handles on it which was filled with just about anything & everything behind the bar. Passed around until finished.

We used to have that but a giant bowl. It was banned as it violates the liquor laws in that passing it around apparently promoted uncontrolled drinking or drinking where the bartender could not monitor who was drinking how much alcohol.

/end fun police

"The Bugle" was often used in the same manner, especially to help new Officer Cadets find their way.

In Stratford it was considered a honour for anyone but a JR member to be invited to partake.

muskrat89 said:
Well, D9er and I are home tonight. Earlier, I mentioned the recipes for moose milk, and she said "Mmmmmm".  :)

Later, she suggested we make a "mini-batch" for our New Year's Eve in. We did just that, and it's going down a lot smoother than it should  ;D

I hope I'm not sick tomorrow - first day of javelina season, and I need to be up early. Nothing like gutting a stink-pig with a bellyful of rum and curdled cream, topped off with pounding headaches  >:D
Could you provide a recipe for your mini batch please?  As much as I love the industrial quantities served on ship a smaller more sane batch would fit nicely at home.

jollyjacktar said:
Could you provide a recipe for your mini batch please?  As much as I love the industrial quantities served on ship a smaller more sane batch would fit nicely at home.

A mini batch?? A MINI BATCH!!!

No such thing mon frere. Besides.....I thought you RCN guys could drink!  ;)

Jim Seggie said:
A mini batch?? A MINI BATCH!!!

No such thing mon frere. Besides.....I thought you RCN guys could drink!  ;)
Oh, we can...  But my wife would not appreciate it if I Bogarted a full size batch myself.  She would hate the screeching monkey show... and I'd hear about it for the next decade at least.  :nod:

Some of the Junior Ranks made some this year for the final parade night...and all leadership seemed to stay away from it.. can't imagine why.... .:ROFLMAO:

Back