• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Moore's Story

Received an email today confirming these received my Visual Acuity form through their fax machine and everything appears to be in order.  :D

Wow good news man !!! My interview is in 3 hrs. Seems like you're just powering through !!!

Rexracer said:
Wow good news man !!! My interview is in 3 hrs. Seems like you're just powering through !!!

It is good news! I hope you did well on your interview!

Hey guys, I got my job offer today after a surprisingly fast 3 month process. I was offered Infantryman and I swear in on February 5th, at 11:30 AM Oshawa. I'm driving my own vehicle to BMQ and have to arrive on February 7th and start February 9th. If you guys have any questions you can always pm me as Id be glad to help anyone still going through the process. Thanks to the site staff and community this site has really helped me a lot and I would have been totally lost without it so thank you guys again.

Wow.. congrats mang! Didnt know they were still calling at this time in the holiday season heh.

Treemoss said:
Wow.. congrats mang! Didnt know they were still calling at this time in the holiday season heh.

Thanks man! I wish you luck on a speedy process, you're almost done. :)

Congrats on the call Moore! I got a call myself.. except they said my medical was flagged for vision... I has given a V4 and got cut from my three trades  :( They asked me if there were any other trades I would be interested in and I asked if Ammo Tech and ACISS were available for V4, they said yes so I applied. Now back on the waiting list for my interview, but the medical I don't have to do again!

Voldeen said:
Congrats on the call Moore! I got a call myself.. except they said my medical was flagged for vision... I has given a V4 and got cut from my three trades  :( They asked me if there were any other trades I would be interested in and I asked if Ammo Tech and ACISS were available for V4, they said yes so I applied. Now back on the waiting list for my interview, but the medical I don't have to do again!
Thanks man! After I completed my medical they sent me away with a Visual Acuity (Non-Aircrew) form to have filled out by an optometrist. Cost me $25 but I faxed the form in on the same day. I'm sorry to hear that you couldn't  do your chosen trades, good luck in your new trades and I hope you get your process done quickly!

So the time has finally come and ended for my hurry up and wait period for now. I'm swearing in tomorrow at 11:30 AM, and I leave this Saturday morning. I couldn't be more excited and I'm nervous to see what's coming for me but I think someone would be lying if they said that they weren't. If possible and if time allows, I'll keep my thread updated weekly so I can provide the newest information for those wondering as sort of a contribution to all of the help that I've been provided by Army.ca in the past.

Congrats and good luck sir! I hope to cross your path at some point! Maybe enjoy a cold one. Looking forward to hearing your experiences before I go.

ShadyBrah said:
Congrats and good luck sir! I hope to cross your path at some point! Maybe enjoy a cold one. Looking forward to hearing your experiences before I go.

Thank you man and that sounds good to me!

Ive been waiting for my interview for 3 months now. Im sure Ill see you around some day. Have a great time man keep the updates coming.

cbucholc said:
Ive been waiting for my interview for 3 months now. Im sure Ill see you around some day. Have a great time man keep the updates coming.

That sucks man! And thanks bud, I will!

Good luck Monday. I'm sure I'll see you within the next couple weeks mate.

ShadyBrah said:
How's week 2 going? Hope you're making lots of friends! ;P

Hey man it's alright, got my week 3 patches last night. Few strange critters on my platoon but so far we have had 1 warrior, 1 Injury, and 2 vrs. It also seems like every Friday we get 1-3 new people tht have been recoursed. We got someone from week 11 last week lol. This week is first aid, and apparently obstacle course on Tuesday and 5km ruck on Friday.

cryco said:
when you say one warrior, what do you mean?

This?

Warrior Platoon 
http://army.ca/forums/threads/108268.0

Ah the obstacle course! I'm excited for my first shot at it. Well enjoy it for me, and stay healthy!

Back