• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Monthly Pay after deductions - Questions [Merged]

Have a look here.....this should answer your questions

http://www.cmp-cpm.forces.gc.ca/dgcb-dgras/ps/pay-sol/pr-sol/rfncmr-mrfr-eng.asp

Hi,

I'm not getting in the CF to get paid studies, but I filled the papers a few months ago, waiting for a call, and I was wondering, how much do you get paid for BMQ in St-Jean, and do you have any fees to pay (room, food, etc).

I just wanna prepare a budget.

I know this information is probably somewhere on the forums, but I can't find it...

Eric Thibault,
waiting a call to join the Field Artillery

Typically, $600 per month if you're single, no dependents, and don't have a mortgage. However, you will only have to pay that IF you receive and accept an offer of employment.

Conz said:
Typically, $600 per month if you're single, no dependents, and don't have a mortgage. However, you will only have to pay that IF you receive and accept an offer of employment.

To clarify, that figure is the cost of rations and quarters at BMQ- e.g., the food you'll hurriedly cram down your gullet and the room you'll have the dubious pleasure of having inspected each day. That's subtracted from your base pay which, if I recall the pay scale, should be about $3k a month. You'll also pay tax, CPP, EI, and pension contributions.

So, during the whole process (exams, medical test, physical test, bmq, classes), do I have to spend anything out of my pocket, or they will substract it from the pay?

I mean, before receiving any income, do I have to spend anything, or I will only get money  in my account.

Thanks for the explanations!

eThibault said:
So, during the whole process (exams, medical test, physical test, bmq, classes), do I have to spend anything out of my pocket, or they will substract it from the pay?

I mean, before receiving any income, do I have to spend anything, or I will only get money  in my account.

Thanks for the explanations!

For the recruiting process, you may be paid a travel stipend in cash.

Thanks again!  Travelling fees won't be too high, I live in Montreal, and we have a recruitment center downtown, about 20 minutes in public transportation! :)

While in the process, They Will repay your trips cost to the center(ie: interviews, medical...etc). I live in Montréal too and I can tell you they Will give you back 6$ for the métro for each visit.

Technically it didn't cost me anything for the recruit process. Though, there's stuff you Will need to purchase for your QMB. They Will give you a list of items you Will need to have before starting your training when you get recruited. Most can be bought at the recuit school.

J'espère ça peux t'aider ;)

How much can I expect to have to pay to live on base during training in Halifax? I understand Basic is about 700 a month with rations. Would it be similar?

Hi,
Would any DEO currently in BMOQ or who completed it recently mind sharing how much their take-home pay was after rations, pension, and other deductions were taken off? TIA

Around 1500 as a 2lt (twice a month) in 2011/12.  There are many variables involved however that getting an answer to your question may not be close to what you receive, such as:

Entry plan as a DEO (previous service? are you going in as a substantive 2LT or LT? etc)
Are you married (or common law) and maintaining a residence elsewhere besides St.Jean? (this will get factored into PLD)
And a few other misc considerations (Land Duty Allowance, etc).

Ayrsayle said:
Around 1500 as a 2lt (twice a month) in 2011/12.  There are many variables involved however that getting an answer to your question may not be close to what you receive, such as:

Entry plan as a DEO (previous service? are you going in as a substantive 2LT or LT? etc)
Are you married (or common law) and maintaining a residence elsewhere besides St.Jean? (this will get factored into PLD)
And a few other misc considerations (Land Duty Allowance, etc).

1500 twice a month? Are you sure about that? From what i remember it was about 900 dollars, twice a month if you were a regular 2lt DEO. It is 3835-300 for pension then minus the rq for about 600 then minus the taxes..

I was pointing out how different pay can be for each person.  Mine factored in PLD for Vancouver and the lack of paying R/Q due to being common-law.  As noted in the original post, there are many variables that make the question difficult to answer (and everyone's answer will be different)

For me, it was about $1000 twice monthly.  Married only gets you free quarters, still pay for rations.  Taxed at the provincial rate your family resides.  And no PLD.

So yeah, everyone's different.

Wondering this as well! Also specifically for pay during BMQ can we expect about 700$/pay every two weeks take home after deductions or would deductions still need to be taken off making our take home pay only about $700 per month? Thanks!

Alright.  The two of you.

Google is your friend.

First:  The amount you will pay in Halifax can be googled.  The amount will vary on what type of quarters you get.  Not all Bases charge the same, but they are quite similar. 

Second:  You are NOT PAID every two weeks.  If you read the threads on Pay you will know this. 

If the two of you READ some more, you will find the answers to any other questions you may have, that so many have asked before and received answers to.

Some links that may help give you an idea what to expect:

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/27341/post-172819.html#msg172819

http://www.cg.cfpsa.ca/cg-pc/Halifax/EN/HousingandAccommodation/Accommodations/Pages/default.aspx

http://army.ca/forums/threads/108532.0

http://army.ca/forums/threads/105419.0

Thank you for the replies. Yes I know how much I cost is for rations/quarters and I understand that they are deducted from our pay during bmq, however I have searched in th forums and on Google and cannot find our net takehome amount of pay per month AFTER all of the deductions. Any assistance on this would be much appreciated. Than you!

Lol!! George, your a really funny (grumpily nice) kinda guy!!

If I ask you several really dumb questions about my next three taskings, all of which I can find the answer myself, will you do the work for me too? Puh-LEESE?? I really need assistance, I don't wanna do it myself and you're the smartest guy I know!!

hehehe... there should be an emoticon for "s*** disturber" or "pot-stirrer"...

Back