• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Modern Warfare 2

Fusaki

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
Nothing puts the glory back into war like the Call of Duty series. Can't wait! :warstory:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern_Warfare_2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZUmTdeaoiQ

Nice, this game looks awesome. Hopefully it will be better than World at War  :threat:. Can't wait for this to come out.

Sweet Deal.

Probably still running the same graphics system as the last two, so it should be easy to get used to. :)

there's 3 'editions' coming out at release

core - the game and nothing but the game

hardened - the game, an art book, and a fancy tin

prestige - same as hardened, but also includes a manikin head with a pair of night vision goggles (no joke)

both the hardened and prestige will also include a download token for the original COD game on whichever console you happen to play on.

Not really real goggles tho

more like the security cameras that have night vision ability using the IR LED's

ha, not even that, they are the exact same as ones you can get from toys'r'us or the like, for around 50 or 60 bucks

you mean like these?

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3073332

Im sure I saw a picture on combat camera with some one wearing them  ;D

yeah, but less hokey looking, they are actually encased in a plastic body that looks somewhat like the older style NVGs. I'll try to post up a picture or video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMSS12iY1X0 un-boxing video for the prestige edition

nvg_500x281.jpg

yah ive seen the video of the unpacking

Apparently the prestige edition is somewhere between 250-350 USD i really don't see why you would buy a game that is them worth more then the console it is being played on and it dosent come with any thing else other then a plastic head and some fancy pictures

I could never justify spending that much on a box with a disc or two. Yikes.

Although I'm sure the toy-vision goggles might be fun on a camping trip or two...

anyone who tries to sell the prestige for that much is trying to scam you. EB games will sell the prestige for 169 CDN (I have had a preorder in for a couple months, and they called me to ask if I wanted the hardened or the prestige.)

weird ive herd the 250-350 on a few sites, maybe for once we arent getting screwed over

I think it's a bad idea that Microsoft is not releasing the 250GB HDD to be sold separately...

Not that I'd ever need that much (I only have the 20GB vers), but I'm sure there's tons of people who would want it.

As for the NVGs... well I though the MW2 styled Xbox looked nice. haha

......huh?

That was really random, if you're going to make a drastic change in the conversation (from the game to the console) please at least give a reference. It looked like you were responding to somebody from your post, and it confused me, and probably others as well, until I searched it and found the console.

250GB hard drive is way more than anyone could possibly need, I have a 120, and have not even used half of it. for the price, I can't see it being worth it.

I think this will be a great game when it comes out . Way better than COD 5  from what I have seen from the Game play on you tube ( I am gathering its from the folks testing the beta version )    The one thing that I like the most is the customizable kill streak  there are some new additions on the kill streaks to  resupply drop  and at kill streak 11 you will get an AC-130 to call in .
    But at the same time you can equip your character with some sort of Anti aircraft missile  witch even it out kind of nice .    My self I will be buying just the core game I don't see the point on spending that kind of cash on the other version .      OH yeah the best part of Modern Warfare 2 no god darn dogs  ;D

ToRN said:
......huh?

That was really random, if you're going to make a drastic change in the conversation (from the game to the console) please at least give a reference. It looked like you were responding to somebody from your post, and it confused me, and probably others as well, until I searched it and found the console.

250GB hard drive is way more than anyone could possibly need, I have a 120, and have not even used half of it. for the price, I can't see it being worth it.

My bad.

karl28 said:
    I think this will be a great game when it comes out ... My self I will be buying just the core game I don't see the point on spending that kind of cash on the other version .      OH yeah the best part of Modern Warfare 2 no god darn dogs  ;D

Agreed, the game is the only bit I'm buying.

I enjoyed this game thoroughly and thought they made some very good decisions on the multiplayer. Like making martyrdom perks only accessible when you die alot. That way alot of people may stop complaining about it. And to my surprise riot shields did not piss me off, and they werent overpowered at all, they fit quite well into the game.

What disappointed me was the single player. I enjoyed it and thought it was great. But it tried too hard to outdo the first singleplay in cod4. The first one felt plausible and realistic whilst MW2 has us fighting through the white house and the player character dies about 4 times for "shock value" and trained SAS people can run around dual weilding uzi's or sawn off shotguns. It just seems a bit unprofessional.

Looking back on that though I'd say they did well because after the great job they did on cod4 its hard to please people by making it better without looking like your trying too hard and youd inevitably have to repeat the successful formula to keep the feel of the game.

The fact that the SAS guy Soap has a mohawk still annoys me though. Its just unneccesary

Back