• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MOC Training

MBizzo

Inactive
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone can help me out, I'm trying to figure out how long the MOC training for Sig Ops is.  On the forces.ca site it says up to six months but my recruiters have said its only three...?? and if there is any info out there on when the courses start.  I understand that quite often after our BMQ and SQ that we have to wait on PAT Platoon, I finish my BMQ on Jan 4th so I'm hoping that I don't have to be on PAT to long so just hoping someone out there has some info so I can get a time line together for how long the whole training may take.

Thanks for all the help!!

After BMQ you'll get posted to Kingston and wait on PAT. From there you will be sent out to a another base (Edmonton, Shilo, Meaford, Valcartia or Gagetown) for 5 weeks to do SQ now called BMQ Land). Then you will return to PAT in Kingston and when one is being run you will be loaded onto your 404s (military driver's licence). At that point you will ready to start your MOC training, when there are enough other people that are also ready a course will start.

The course I'm on is about four and a half months long. The next course is rumoured to only be 4 months but I'm sure you already know how reliable rumours are in the army.

To add a further wrinkle, a bunch of the Comms trades are being amalgamated sometime "soon." So what? There will be entirely new MOC training soon and no one really knows how long it will be.

Here's the draft course calendar for Sig Ops for FY10/11 (draft).  Unfortunately, you have to be on DWAN to read the link.

http://cfsce.kingston.mil.ca/Catalogue/CFSCE%20FY%2010-11%20Course%20Calendar.xls

I'm going to Kingston feb 17 and believe I'm going to be put on PAT platoon, I don't have my 404's so I suppose I'll have to get them. Anyway to answer your question I was told that MOC training for Sig op (the trade I'm also going into) is appox 5months. But to be quite honest everyones telling me something different so I guess i'll find out when I'm there.

Back