• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MND 2019

Nobody saw the fine print at the bottom?
"Nah, just kidding. Fuck the troops. have fun."

QV said:
I think the Caribbean is particularly at risk... rising tides and such... yeah, send a task force there.  Any volunteers? 

I'm on it. As long as Mickey Mouse is running his ships through there I think I can manage that.

QV said:
I think the Caribbean is particularly at risk... rising tides and such... yeah, send a task force there.  Any volunteers? 

No. It's the Army. It will be more like counting Polar Bears, unarmed, or something like that :)

The most interesting part for me was demanding that 25% of the Canadian Forces be female by 2026 when it took us about 40 years to reach 15.6%...

The only way I see them achieving that is though selective releases, its easy to reach 25% female if you just do a force reduction on the males.

Boy! You remind me of one of my economics teacher in University:

"If a government asks you to advise on ways to increase GDP per Capita, you must advise it can either raise national output, or reduce the number of capita. It's not up to you to make moral choices."

Or they'll just direct that we stop hiring males.

Could you just have a Regiment or two just “self identify” as female?  :whistle:

GR66 said:
Could you just have a Regiment or two just “self identify” as female?  :whistle:

Highland Regiments are sometimes referred to as "The Ladies from Hell". Problem solved. Goal met, six years early.

Thirty years since SWINTER and CREW.  One might, objectively, suggest that the CAF has been less than serious about this.

dapaterson said:
Thirty years since SWINTER and CREW.  One might, objectively, suggest that the CAF has been less than serious about this.

...or Canadian women are content being over-represented in professions such as nursing and teaching, and less so for combat, combat support or combat service support roles in the military.

Perhaps Canada should consider conscription of females into under-represented CAF occupations?

Back