• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MLVW move

genesis98

Inactive
Reaction score
Noticed they are clearing out the MLVW graveyard here at CFS St. John's in Newfoundland all the ML's that were sitting and rusting are getting flat bedded elsewhere (I assume out of the province) Somebody wanna keep an eye out for these (I'm assuming they are going to gagetown). Has to be atleast 10 ML's

Are any of these MLs gun tractors?
I think I know a unit that is lookin for some to tow some LG1s..............I sure hope those BV-206s DO NOT return....

Nope no gun tractors, mostly all short wheel based variants and a SEV or two. All are VOR wrecks that have just been sitting.

Off to the boneyard with them...... ???

cannibalized for parts possibly.
Good trucks. Good workhorses for the Army. It'll be hard to find a good, rugged, easy to maintain replacement..

genesis98 said:
Noticed they are clearing out the MLVW graveyard here at CFS St. John's in Newfoundland all the ML's that were sitting and rusting are getting flat bedded elsewhere (I assume out of the province) Somebody wanna keep an eye out for these (I'm assuming they are going to gagetown). Has to be atleast 10 ML's

Or might have to do with the construction of the new consolidated CFS St. John's Building.

Well.... there are a bunch of em with a new coat of paint & working parts out here in Montreal..... SEVs, Gun tractors, with & without CQ cages... 202 workshops have been busy.  BUT, c'mon, they aren't as new as they used to be... they are getting plain old & tired - due for replacement.

geo said:
Well.... there are a bunch of em with a new coat of paint & working parts out here in Montreal..... SEVs, Gun tractors, with & without CQ cages... 202 workshops have been busy.  BUT, c'mon, they aren't as new as they used to be... they are getting plain old & tired - due for replacement.

Almost as old as the truck they replaced on a one for two/three ratio.    >:D

heh.... too true.

Funny thing... was at a meeting that used the conference room at 25CFSD.
Lo and behold, parked on the front lawn was an "new" 56 Deuce - it all it's glory - canvas tarp VS the plastic ones we get now.  And I even recognized the CFR  as being one I used to drive - many moons ago.

combatbuddha said:
cannibalized for parts possibly.
Good trucks. Good workhorses for the Army. It'll be hard to find a good, rugged, easy to maintain replacement..

When they were new, we wern't so impressed, I had one shear the front spring mount off going down a muddy trail at slow speed, the winch was dangerous to use, they rusted like crazy, I ssm to recall over 150 mods after they came into service, not a great introduction record for a updated copy of a 1940's design.

.... still - it made a pert good truck in the end.... even if it was built by Bombardier

geo said:
now now I joined the army the year they came into service they are not that old?????????

geo, did you see the one MLVW with the armoured cab by the fence ?  I wonder where it's slated to go play?  First time I have seen that mod.

You mean something like this?

mlvw_lrg.jpg

Hmm, yes.  Maybe I HAVE seen that mod before..

It just looks odd painted correctly outside my office (cubicle).

Back