• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Mission Failure Reasons?

NavyShooter

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Reaction score
Mike,

Just had another idea pop into my head.

Right now, when you fail a mission, it only says "Mission Failed" and lists the resources.

Can we get a more detailed reason why the mission failed?

For example, why did you fail to DAG?    Paperwork got lost.....you slept in.....

Why did you fail to travel to Afghanistan?  Airplane broke down.....hurricane grounded flights....sandstorm prevented landing....etc?

NS

Failed to workout in the gym : Gym shirt on too tight.
Failed to meet at Timmies: Gym shirt still stuck on and get it off.

Mission failed....Chuck Norris was not on your fire-team...

NS I see you are gaining fast. Besides failing multiple Timmies runs I have run out of MP's and CR. So if you can, nows the time to pounce ;)
In about 2 hours I'm going to capture the personal security coord for Osama Bin Laden for a cool 20K CE. I like them as they are no fail :)

Edited: to put the correct name

Looking at your stats, there's only so far Int will take you. Once you're out of missions, its gonna be a long way to level.

Task,

I tend to surge up a bit, when I level, I usually get 2 at about the same time.  It's just the way I've been working things.

Alas, the last time I leveled, I dumped 360 out of 396 CR's into clearing an insurgency, so that's really slowed things down for me today.

Current guestimate is that I should be leveling between 2320 and 2330 tonight, at which point I should be close to taking another level afterwards....

Building the way I am right now, I've found a mission with 98% success, and a 14:1 return on CR's for CE's.  That's the best one I've seen yet, AND, it costs me ZERO expendable stores to run the mission!

Check-six there Task!!!

NS

PC as long as Int doesn't cap I should be good for 12 more or so... You are right though, I have to draw a line soon and figure out when to up the CR. I don't think I'll run out of missions as I have been primarily doing the low level. But they cost a fortune and thats what is killing me. I think I am at 30,000 Mil points spent.

NS it looks like we have a similar system. I made the mistake a couple days ago trying to get the 1000int. It wasn't really worth it for me as I usually can get 1000 Int before I use up all my CR. Meh it was a learning thing.

My normal strategy is to do the low level missions the ones with the 1:1 ratio and get as many Int packages until I am at the CR cost to catch the bad guy. It was going well as I averaged 4 + levels a day. Now though the Int required is SO high I am down to 1 level a day.

NavyShooter said:
Mike,

Just had another idea pop into my head.

Right now, when you fail a mission, it only says "Mission Failed" and lists the resources.

Can we get a more detailed reason why the mission failed?

For example, why did you fail to DAG?    Paperwork got lost.....you slept in.....

Why did you fail to travel to Afghanistan?  Airplane broke down.....hurricane grounded flights....sandstorm prevented landing....etc?

NS

He'd have to make original statements for each mission.
Seems like alot of work for nothing, really.

Task said:
PC as long as Int doesn't cap I should be good for 12 more or so... You are right though, I have to draw a line soon and figure out when to up the CR. I don't think I'll run out of missions as I have been primarily doing the low level. But they cost a fortune and thats what is killing me. I think I am at 30,000 Mil points spent.

As you can probably see, the level 5 incentive is called "Cleared the hit list". Might as well count 50 dossiers as the highest you'll get. There are plenty of different strats to level fast, you just found one of them that costs high MP.

Bdave,

I'm pretty sure that if Mike asked us nicely, he'd be able to assign each of us a mission (or two) and we'd be able to come up with a "fail" list of 5-10 reasons why you pooched the mission.  Then all he'd have to do would be to add a randomized addition to the mission results pulling one of those reasons.  Gives the users a chance to contribute to the game as well.

Puck,  I concur with the "Cleared the list" level, I hit the 25 level and saw that, and have no longer focused as much on INT.  They come when they come, or, if I have a few CR's to kill before I level I'll burn off a few more of the 1676 remaining Double-Doubles that I have.  (I'm using 16 per mission now, and my skill level with a double-double is currently level 36.....) 

I've moved my focus to HVM's, and as mentioned elsewhere, I have found one that gives me a 14:1 return ratio.  I'm sure there's higher than that out there, but that got me up 3 levels this morning, and would bump me up again tonight if I didn't have to go into work.

NS

PuckChaser said:
As you can probably see, the level 5 incentive is called "Cleared the hit list". Might as well count 50 dossiers as the highest you'll get. There are plenty of different strats to level fast, you just found one of them that costs high MP.

Good point, I had not noticed to be honest. So it unfortunately seems I have only 17 left. The good news though, maybe that those 17 could translate into 34 levels. Just curious but how much CE does it take to level for you? 

Over 16,000, and each level it seems like its going up another 1-2,000.

NavyShooter said:
Bdave,

I'm pretty sure that if Mike asked us nicely, he'd be able to assign each of us a mission (or two) and we'd be able to come up with a "fail" list of 5-10 reasons why you pooched the mission.

Jesus, so simple, and it's genius.
I think too hard  :blotto:

I like the failure reason idea... Wouldn't be too hard to implement, and I could have the game drop a generic one if a specific one wasn't found... then we could backfill at our leisure.

Generic reason #1:

"No Oakleys"

Generic reason #2:

"Chuck Norris not on your fire-team."

Desert Ram: You got heat exhaustion because you didn't drink enough water.

Maple Guardian: You didn't wear your ballistics and got a laser in the eye.

DAG Green: You wrote your papers with black ink instead of blue.

Travel to Afghanistan: You boarded the wrong flight and ended up in Haiti. (Im joking of course)

Take a Sentry Shift: You fell asleep on your sentry shift.

Meet at Timmies: You spilt coffee on your lap.

Man a Vehicle Checkpoint: A truck passed through your checkpoint and was later found to have an AK-47 in it. You did an improper search.

Work out at the Gym: You tried showing off to your peers and pulled a muscle.

etc etc etc

Back