• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Min CFAT score?

semco

Inactive
Reaction score
what is the minimum required score on the CFAT you can join as an officer (reg. or direct) and how it is calculated?

semco said:
what is the minimum required score on the CFAT you can join as an officer (reg. or direct) and how it is calculated?

I'm sure someone can answer better than I can, but I'll try.

You're score is based on whether you're applying for NCM or Officer.

I scored 78th percentile for NCM (my score was better than 78% of people applying for NCM trades) but my score was 38th percentile for Officer (I scored better than 38% of people applying for Officer trades).

There's cutoffs for certain trades, and you're ranked against other applicants, but the personality score and interview score play a role also. The CFAT holds the most weight though.

I scored 78th percentile for NCM (my score was better than 78% of people applying for NCM trades) but my score was 38th percentile for Officer (I scored better than 38% of people applying for Officer trades).

Are you saying there are different CFATs for Officers and NCMs?

Are you saying there are different CFATs for Officers and NCMs?
Same test, two different pools for the result comparison.

Percentile results are relative though; you can have a low score and still have a high percentile if a lot of people do worse, or a high score and low percentile if you are compared against a bunch of astronauts. Like the old joke about the lowest scoring member of the graduating class from med school is still called 'Dr.'.

Years ago there used to be minimum absolute score to qualify for different trades, but no idea if that's still the case.

Do any of you guys know the cutoff for intelligence officer?

I'm asking because I've heard it has one of the highest cutoffs.
That sounds like a good rumour started by the ironically named 'Int' Branch....

I thought most of their pool came from internal transfers for already trade qualified people swictching careers, and very rarely meet someone that came in to IntO off the street, so a really small number of direct entry hires will really inflate the cutoff.

That sounds like a good rumour started by the ironically named 'Int' Branch....

I thought most of their pool came from internal transfers for already trade qualified people swictching careers, and very rarely meet someone that came in to IntO off the street, so a really small number of direct entry hires will really inflate the cutoff.
I see, yea that makes sense. I heard the same thing that they rarely hire DEOs for intelligence officers. I have my CFAT Monday, hope it goes well!

I'm asking because I've heard it has one of the highest cutoffs.
It's a fair question, I just saw an opportunity for a joke and went for it.

As mentioned, many IntOs are generated from within the CAF via occupational transfers, or commissioning plans.

I'm sure someone can answer better than I can, but I'll try.

There's cutoffs for certain trades, and you're ranked against other applicants, but the personality score and interview score play a role also. The CFAT holds the most weight though.
Just got my percentiles... 52nd% for NCM and 30th% for officers...

Back