• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Milnet.ca Rod and Gun Club

the 48th regulator

Army.ca Fixture
Inactive
Reaction score
Fishing_20Gear.jpg

choose-hunting-rifle-1.jpg

A place to share Advice, stories, pictures, Videos, and anything associated with Angling and Hunting.

dileas

tess

This is an excellent idea for a fun topic.

The most fun hunt ever category: Here is a pic of what started out as an archery hunt for Mule deer on the Frenchman river in South Sask. As you can tell by the photo the result of the hunt were not what we expected for an outcome.  8)

Yep, that came out the year after the photo was taken.

Here is a another one from South Sask after a decent Goose Hunt, I think in 1972.

Here is another good one I got in an email a couple of days ago. A couple of guys had to drop a rogue Grizzly in northern AB. I recall surveying up in that country working on the Alaska highway and our crew being tracked by these beasts. The pucker factor was high.  :)

For those of you who don't know where Morden is, it's in Southern Manitoba.....probably the biggest nearby center would be Winkler, town of many mennonites
              You will never, ever - see me swim in Lake Minnewasta again!
              WOW!!

This is NOT a fish story !

This is a new record Northern Pike in Canada .. It was caught it on Lake Minnewasta.
              Check this thing out.. The man (in the photos below), was fishing, and caught a 36" Pike.

As he was reeling it in, a 56" - 55 lb Pike tried to eat it !!!!!
              He landed them both in the same net. The last picture is unreal.

my72jeep said:
No to get the first one. I live in N Ont.and a 36' pike is big.

I once pulled a 42" northern out of the water off the Yacht Club in Pet. Something like an inch shy of the Molson Big Fish record that year.

Around the same timeframe (76-77) there was a guy in Ottawa catching monster muskie, or pike (I forget which) from the Rideau, IIRC. Picture in the paper every week with another, Him holding the fish in one hand, his pole with a two inch spoon in the other. We knew he wasn't using that lure to catch them. So did other people. Fishermen being what they are, some started tailing and spying to get his good spots, etc. Next time he was in the paper he was being charged by the SPCA for using kittens. One of the best big fish lures I had was a jointed muskrat fur thing with three big trebles. Guess what? It looked like a kitten swimming.

I knew it Kittens are not just for stir fry's any more.

Oh so tender!  >:D  Hey, surely you guys have a picture or two of something interesting you can put in this thread ?

I have heard, and read that southern US anglers use roadkill with great success to catch huge Catfish species.

dileas

tess

the 48th regulator said:
I have heard, and read that southern US anglers use roadkill with great success to catch huge Catfish species.

dileas

tess

That would be true, and the longer it's been roadkill the better. Catfish can smell dead stink a long way off.

This was a 2 year old that hit my chicken coop one night, and when he came back the next night I was ready.

I am an advid striped bass type.  My biggest to date was caught last year, 16 Apr 11, on the Shubenacadie River (15 minutes past Hfx Intl Airport) on the low tide.  I caught this one on a single prawn (I usually use gaspeureau or shad for bait, but they weren't running yet).  I've gotten some smaller ones on the Bay of Fundy (Grand Pre area) night fishing the tide.  I was out today to fish the tide, but nothing is up the river yet.

This one was 34 1/2", 15lbs 12oz.  Nice fillets, I like them with a little bit of lemon pepper on the BBQ.

Just to add a striper (not STRIPPER) video.  10 year old boy catching a brute.  His reaction when he sees it for the first time is priceless.  Fast fwd to about the 4:30 mark, he hooks it right around there.  There are vid's of bigger bass/fish out there, but I liked this one enough to bookmark it, mostly because the fish is almost bigger than the kid.

Xbox, you've got nothing on "real life".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rll5p6-ZtQ8

Wow! That is a good video. As the dad says; it just doesn't get any better.

Back