• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Military SANDALS, split from Re: Military Scandals

Jammer

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
I thought the thread was Military Sandals...oh well just as dumb.

That is just scandalous.

However, it does point to another scandalous situation; footwear.  Scandal is nothing new to the military, as it is nothing new to any other part of Canadian society.  We have had Generals in Public Office who brought us such things as the Ross rifle.  We have had civilians in DND embezzle millions in computer equipment.  We have seen a cook in the SSF stealing whole sides of beef by the truckload.  We have seen an aircraft carrier completely refurbished and then sold as scrap metal.  What's new?  We all know "What bleeds - Leads" and that is the way newspapers are sold.

Jammer said:
I thought the thread was Military Sandals...oh well just as dumb.

The latest project from DLR?  The Romans took over half the world with these.

image.php

I see the spelling error has been corrected now so the joke is over.

I expect roman sandals would have chafed just as much as the CWW issued boot.
The more things change...

At least now we know why the Romans paved roads all over their empire....too many stones in their sandals...............

Too funny that this actually ended up becoming its own thread instead of just being a sub-joke in the Scandals thread.

I suggest that this Sandals thread becomes our main effort and we make this the biggest thread the forum has ever seen.

Goal: 1,000 pages.

image_rome003.jpg

These are original roman military sandals... maybe they used to also play soccer with them ;)

Alea

When in doubt, grab what Leonidas wore! Well, at least Gerard Butler pretending to be Leonidas.

spartan.jpg

Neolithium said:
When in doubt, grab what Leonidas wore! Well, at least Gerard Butler pretending to be Leonidas.

spartan.jpg

Hmm.  Those obviously are CSA grade 1.  They must be their Temperate ones as welll, as I don't think those would be waterproof OR good up to -10.

I see the insoles are the same as the ones issued with the MkIIIs though.  ;D

Neolithium said:

gerard-butler-300-3.jpg

3.gif

Sorry, what was the topic?  Oh yeah, shoes......    ;)

Dissident said:
I saw this and the only word that comes to mind is: Vern.

Are you KIDDING!??  You can't wear those with chaps.  Where's your fashion sense?

Haggis said:
Are you KIDDING!??  You can't wear those with chaps.  Where's your fashion sense?

I'd wear those with chaps, but you'd only get away with them while riding bitch. Unlike my nice Harley knee-high boots with the 4.5 inch heel which would also protect my toes from being sandblasted by bugs while the bitch was riding her own.  ;)

I'm not sure which pair would go better with my whips though. I'll have to have a fashion show in front of the mirror before I can provide further insight to this important topic.

Have to hand it to you, Vern..

You definitely are just full of surprises..

:pop:

Does anyone realize that the CF actually used to issue sandals to sailors going to tropical areas?  They were butt-ugly, but functional.  The only reason we stopped issuing them was because our stock ran out and we couldn't find a manufacturer willing to make new ones (that were that ugly) without charging us a huge amount to re-tool a production line.  Now sailors simply use their own sandals, provided they meet certain criteria (e.g. no pink plastic thongs - at least not on your feet ;D).  You still see some of the old butt-ugly ones though...

Sailors wearing sandals is BS!

If soldiers have to wear black boots in Canada when it's 40C then the Marines can, too.

No excuse for sandals in the modern day and age.  Perhaps the nice shorts and absurdly-high-socks look.

adolf-hitler-poised-hands-on-hips-sporting-lederhosen-and-shirt-with-swastika-arm-patch.jpg

Back