• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Military reenacting

SuperTrooper

Inactive
Reaction score
Well I had the pleasure to go out to a tactical event at CFB Borden (ont) with some reenactors.
It was a good experience and was surprised that there was close to 50 people representing 5 various units,
Allies - Perth regt
          First Special Service Force

Germans - SS
              Panzer grenadier
              fallschirmjager

Not going to mention which unit I was with, but everybody was really cool and welcoming.
I plan on getting out of the Army in 3 years and this is my way of playing silly buger, I now can do all the stuff that I wanted to do but was never allowed due to my rank and superiors.

It's a pricey hobby, but what isn't in life I guess, the biggest cost is a weapon and uniform in respect to the unit you are portraying, blanks run about 40 bucks for a hundred, uniform and kit can be up to 500.00, I managed to grab everything I needed under 250.

I plan on portraying the 101st in the future as there is no American unit in Canada and why not.

Some things that did not impress me was drill and the rank structure, the latter got to some people's heads and I quickly walked away, but that was only 2 guys to be honest.

the unit I was with had none of that and they were just interested in getting trigger time vs the trivial stuff.

Basic event consists of you showing up at 8am, hooking up with your unit, getting ready and finding the bad guy's.
6pm is end ex, pack up and have a drink sharing war stories and getting home before 8pm.

If anyone is interested, ask and I'll do my best to answer.

SuperTrooper said:
I plan on portraying the 101st in the future as there is no American unit in Canada and why not.

There is a 1 Can Para Reenactment group.

Yes there was.
From what I was told, politics and personalities got in the way and the para's no longer exist in Ontario, but they do in the States.
Also the kit is, if not more expensive than German gear.
The American gear is cheap in comparison.

The one thing I noticed is that you really only need one rank, which would be the voice for the whole group your with, other that that,
you do the Chinese Parliament and go with the best plan.

Back