• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Military Police to JTF2

Status
Not open for further replies.

thehare

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello everyone, before I get to my main question I think it would be a good idea to give you some background info on myself. I have applied to the reserves ( the Argylls) in order to see if I would like a career in the military, and currently if I find that I would like to join the forces, I would liketo go into the military police once I have finished police foundations. I have also been doing some research lately into other careers and I have stumbled upon the JTF2, and just I was wondering, is there a career opportunity in the JTF2 for military police or would I be trained as an assaulter (assuming that I am able to pass all of the tests), Not that I have a problem with that, I am just curious.

Thanks for any replies.

Thehare

The unit has MP positions filled by their Career Manager, and there are Assaulter positions for which anyone who meets the pre-requisites may apply.....even MPs.

First I would like to thank you for the reply.

Secondly do you mean that if I did get accepted into the JTF2 I would be a MP or an assaulter or do I have a choice
(and yes I realize that most people probably do not know considering the secretive nature, but I might as well ask just in case  :) )

Again thank you for the reply

P.S: For those who would say I should complete all my training and so on before I even consider attempting to join, yes I know you are probably right, but just to note I am only curious and I am looking at my options.

thehare said:
Secondly do you mean that if I did get accepted into the JTF2 I would be a MP or an assaulter or do I have a choice?

The standards are different for assaulter and support members of JTF 2. When the time comes, it'll be up to you to choose which standards you wish to challenge.

Thanks for clarifying that.

And Again thanks for replying.

Journeyman said:
The unit has MP positions filled by their Career Manager, and there are Assaulter positions for which anyone who meets the pre-requisites may apply.....even MPs.

This is interesting, my understanding is that members technically remain in their trade while assigned to the unit.  MPs are a special case as they are police officers with expanded powers of arrest compared to your average CF member.  I would presume that they would not retain these while assigned to the unit but technically/legally speaking, what's to stop them since they're still in their MP trade?  Not sure if anybody knows but can a JTF2 or CSOR assaulter who is in the MP trade make an arrest?  Feel free to PM me if there are OPSEC issues etc.

Cheers.

Ok I'm no expert here but this isn't rocket science:

You can either:

A. Go in as an assaulter, no matter what trade you are. If you pass selection, that means you will be trained to do all that spooky stuff like blow up doors and double tap the bad guys... even if you are a cook.

or

B: Go in as a support personnel, who works/deploys with the unit to provide them with your MOS skills, i.e. cook their food (yes, even super fit highly trained SOF guys need to eat), fix their radios, fix their weapons, give them int and, you saw me coming, police them.

I guess that if you choose A you technically retain your trade while you are an assaulter... but will you really return to making pies after storming buildings? Well good question...

Snakedoc said:
This is interesting, my understanding is that members technically remain in their trade while assigned to the unit.  MPs are a special case as they are police officers with expanded powers of arrest compared to your average CF member.  I would presume that they would not retain these while assigned to the unit but technically/legally speaking, what's to stop them since they're still in their MP trade?  Not sure if anybody knows but can a JTF2 or CSOR assaulter who is in the MP trade make an arrest?  Feel free to PM me if there are OPSEC issues etc.

Cheers.

In order to be appointed they must meet the requirements of QR&O 22.02 which states, in part, that they must be "...posted to an established Military Police position...".  So, once qualified as an assaulter and posted to JTF-2 as an assaulter, they loose the appointment of "Military Police" as they are then in an ATR position.  There are lots of MP 00161 out there who are in the trade but are not "appointed Military Police", such as most of our Army Reserve MP, MP/MPO prior to graduation from their QL3/MPOC, pers posted to CFLRS as staff etc.

I would like to thank those who have taken the time to answer my question.

Once Again Thanks

Thehare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back