• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Military police application

Lospollos

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am interested in applying to the military police and was hoping someone could answer some of my questions that I have.

1. I am a 4th year student enrolled in the Criminology program at University of Ottawa, However I am only interested in joining the NCM MP branch, I understand the minimum req is a college law and security or PF but would a crim degree acceptable or even preferable

2. I am a dual citizen (Russian federation) I have lived here for 11 and a half years, would this affect my application for example would I have to drop my Russian citizenship

3. From what I have read MPs sometimes work in embassies is there certain requirements to get a gig like that or the lucky ones get the opportunity to

4. I am in my last year at uni, should I start applying now ?

Thanks in advance

Los Pollos

Lospollos said:
I am interested in applying to the military police and was hoping someone could answer some of my questions that I have.
1. I am a 4th year student enrolled in the Criminology program at University of Ottawa, However I am only interested in joining the NCM MP branch, I understand the minimum req is a college law and security or PF but would a crim degree acceptable or even preferable
2. I am a dual citizen (Russian federation) I have lived here for 11 and a half years, would this affect my application for example would I have to drop my Russian citizenship
3. From what I have read MPs sometimes work in embassies is there certain requirements to get a gig like that or the lucky ones get the opportunity to
4. I am in my last year at uni, should I start applying now ?

1 - Yes, a post secondary degree in Criminology would qualify you to apply for MP (NCM) as well as MPO (Offr).
2 - As a dual "national", there is no requirement for you to revoke foreign citizenship.  It is entirely possible that as a result of dual nationality, you will need to complete the Pre-Enrolment Secur Clr Pre-Assessment Questionnaire and after review, you may be subject to the "Pre-Security Clearance" processing requirements,
3 - MP's are sometimes seconded to Global Affairs Canada and assigned to Embassies for employment.  Requirements vary.
4 - If you are interested in a career with the CAF, I'd suggest you submit your online application 6-8 months prior to your forecasted graduation date.

Good luck!

Back