• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Military Honour

Journeyman

Army.ca Legend
Subscriber
Reaction score
Despite Hurricane Sandy shutting down the eastern seaboard, the men of the
3rd Infantry Regiment continue their vigil at the tomb of the unknown soldier.

tomb-unknown-soldier.jpg

This is actually a photo from a storm in mid-September of this year... but nonetheless, they protected the Unknowns during Irene in 2003... they can certainly do it again!

:salute:
True dedication

Still badass, anyway you cut it....

Absolutely! I wish our Tomb of the Unknowns was done in similar fashion. I'd put my name up every chance I could (save for deployments too).

PrairieThunder said:
Absolutely! I wish our Tomb of the Unknowns was done in similar fashion. I'd put my name up every chance I could (save for deployments too).

The Ceremonial Guard provides a Tomb Guard in Ottawa during their summer season.  It's an additional task that they were assigned with no increase in manning or funding.

Several countries, like the USA and Russia mount guards on their "tombs." Many others which, like Canada, have outdoor "tombs" do not or only mount a guard on special occasions:

300px-Tomb_of_the_Unknown_Warrior_June_2012.JPG

800px-Amarjawan.JPG
Unknownsoldier_paris.jpg

New Zealand (top row)                                                                                                                                                      India (top row)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            France

Edit: sorry the pictures and labels don't align well

If you are ever in DC, this is definitely a must see.

Back