• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Military Discounts List

mover1 said:
Here is one for ya.

I wrote Aeropostale to see if they had a military discount for serving members here in Canada such as they do in the states.

The reply i got was that although they do not have a discount for the Canadian Military in Canada I could go to any Aeropostale store in Canada and the US and present my AMERICAN MILITARY ID then I would be entitled to 15 percent off. This is the response I have gotten from most big box stores. including Old Navy and American Eagle.
15 percent off merchandise in Canada for US Military ID card holders.

Because Americans are the only ones that have an army, if you beleive some Canadians.

Jim Seggie said:
mover1 said:
Here is one for ya.

I wrote Aeropostale to see if they had a military discount for serving members here in Canada such as they do in the states.

The reply i got was that although they do not have a discount for the Canadian Military in Canada I could go to any Aeropostale store in Canada and the US and present my AMERICAN MILITARY ID then I would be entitled to 15 percent off. This is the response I have gotten from most big box stores. including Old Navy and American Eagle.
15 percent off merchandise in Canada for US Military ID card holders.
Because Americans are the only ones that have an army, if you beleive some Canadians.

Did you try showing your Military ID card?  Taking the above statements into account, the cashier probably is incapable of differentiating between a Canadian and an American Military ID.
>:D

Yeah  did show it thats why I wrote the e-mail in the first place.

Got this at work today:

HYLANDS GOLF CLUB'S "HONOUR THE HEROES" DAY - SUNDAY 13
MARCH AT THE 2011 OTTAWA-GATINEAU GOLFEXPO
2011 Ottawa-Gatineau GOLFEXPO, the largest golf show in Eastern Canada
and Hylands Golf Club, invite all active and retired military members with valid
ID to a free admission as part of a day to "Honour the Heroes" on Sunday, 13
March at the Ottawa Athletic Club, 2525 Lancaster Road.
The 2011 Ottawa-Gatineau GOLFEXPO runs March 12 & 13. Show hours are
Saturday 9:00 am – 6:00 pm and Sunday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm.
Visit http://www.ottawagatineaugolfexpo.ca/ for more information.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE CONTACT :
Cody Barbeau
General Manager
Hylands Golf Club
(613) 521-1842 Ext 103
Genmanager@hylandsgc.com
Hylands Golf course: http://www.hylandsgc.com/Home/home.php

Quick question... It'll sound stupid but...

How do you show a 'Cadet ID' when there's no such thing... Not to many people, unless I'm in uniform, are apt to believe me.

So, basicaly, what's the Cadet ID?

RemembranceDay said:
Quick question... It'll sound stupid but...

How do you show a 'Cadet ID' when there's no such thing... Not to many people, unless I'm in uniform, are apt to believe me.

So, basicaly, what's the Cadet ID?

Most businesses offer the discounts to CF members or veterans...not to Cadets.  What discount are you after?

Nothing in general, I was just glancing at this thread, and saw some people chatting about cadet discounts...  :cdnsalute:

I want to take the family to NYC.  What are the best places to stay? Best attractions? (For a 5 year old, a 19 year old, and two adults)

Where to stay is the big question. The Soldiers', Sailors', Marines' & Airmen's Club or that base just over the bridge. I forget what it's called. Navy Lodge or something? Would they have more fun if I just paid the extra and went to the Hilton Manhattan East or Wyndham Garden Hotel in Times Square?

Thanks guys.

The Navy lodge on Staten Island is a decent place, about a 5 min cab ride to the ferry that takes you directly to Battery Park in Manhatten.  From there you can take the subway to just about anywhere. Try this link lots of good info there. The USO in the port authority bus station are pretty good, lots of good info there, they the best ones to talk to about free tickets for the shows, letterman etc.
http://www.usonyc.org/ServiceMembers/VisitingNewYork/tabid/60/Default.aspx

bradlupa said:
Air Canada will give you a military discount or if the plane is not full a seat upgrade from economy to business and Car rental companies also offer discount not sure of the amounts but i know they do.

how do you get the air canada discount or upgrade?  book the tix on phone or internet?  and for the upgrade?  show the card during check in?

When I visited New York City 2 years ago. I visited the Empire State Building and other places as well as other places and when I saw on their price list a Military Discount or Retired, I asked if the same discount be given to Canadian Forces and Canadian Vets and was told in every case, yes. If your in Uniform, most places are free. Ones I went to had a 20% discount. This year I went to Las Vegas and San Diego, in San Diego, I went to see the USS Midway. Regular price was $18.00 and I got it for $10.00 buy showing my DVA Card and Photo ID. So yes, if a Military Rate is posted, we would get it too.  Also when you travel to places like like London England, they have Military Service Clubs where you can stay and in London, there are many, like the Victory Services Club. All you do is pay a small membership and you can stay it the club for much less then a Hotel and the service you get from the staff is top notch.  If you like more info, get hold of me.

The Union Jack Club in London is such a place.  They have a variety of options for rooms and the price is VERY good compared to hotels.  I was travelling solo so it was VRY convenient or me.

ajp said:
The Union Jack Club in London is such a place.  They have a variety of options for rooms and the price is VERY good compared to hotels.  I was travelling solo so it was VRY convenient or me.

Some of them cater more towards Officers. So a person who has anything less then that, might feel out of place. The Victory Services Club is an all ranks club. So anyone would feel it home. The nice thing is that the membership fee is lower and you still can use it at other clubs, if you get a letter of introduction and with the reciprocal arrangements with other Service Clubs, it can also save you money. Like New York City has one on Lexington Ave. This is right in the center of Manhattan  Here in Canada, we don't have as many and most don't even offer accommodations

I have found that, with respect to service providers such as hotels (in Canada), it often works better to ask if they have a "Government of Canada rate".  I then showed my military ID when I arrived to confirm the rate, and never had a problem.  The Government of Canada rate is like a corporate rate for a preferred corporate customer.

Privateer said:
I have found that, with respect to service providers such as hotels (in Canada), it often works better to ask if they have a "Government of Canada rate".  I then showed my military ID when I arrived to confirm the rate, and never had a problem.  The Government of Canada rate is like a corporate rate for a preferred corporate customer.

And I have found that sometimes, this rate can be higher then the Corporate Rate. It depends on where you go, some Hotels give leeway to Desk Clerks to give a lower rate, might even give the same rate they do to people who work in the Hospitality field, sometimes a 30 to 50% discount.

Spr.Earl said:
Nearly every year I go South with the Unit for two weeks and nearly always get a discount even with Canadian Military I.D.

A little kicker for you. ;)

In between Dallas and Ft.Worth in Arlington there's this C&W Bar called "Cowboys" which was an old K Mart store,12 bars,30 pool tables,one huge dance floor and a stage big enough to hold a 7 piece band as that was on that night and full of University Students and the local ANG turned us on too it.

When we first got there the youngn's rushed in ahead of us old slow pokes and paid their $5.00,$10.00 ? to get in and we just sauntered up and asked if they gave a Military Discount,I.D. please sure enough we got in free!!!! ;D

Nine times out of Ten in the States you will get a discount in Club's.Disco's and Strip Joints etc and also on accommodation even with Canadian Military I.D.
Many Americans may not know much about us but go out of their way to make us feel at home.

If you are ever travailing through Sea/Tac Airport (Seattle) they have a USO up stairs were you with your family or Solo, can shower,do laundry,sleep and have a good snack (bloody good sangies and cookies) they will wake you up for your flight there are only 3 USO's like this in the States and I forget the other two.

Maybe Maj. Baker can help out with the other two.

Also the USO publishes a book of places to stay all over the world at Military Rates for all Members of NATO, cost's about $10.00 to pick up in the P.X. in the book section.

There is a USO in New York City at the Port Authority Bus Terminal and it's much the same as Seatac. They will also take you in if you have a DVA Card with Photo ID. They still consider you part of the Family, even as a Vet.  The only place the DVA Card won't get you into is on Base. So, if you have less then 10 years in and you don't have a disability, your up the creek

Rheostatic said:
There is a USO at DFW, but I don't know if it has all the amenities you listed.

I had a look at the USO's web site and they list every USO on it and it's amenities. I also double checked with them to see if the information on Veterans/Retired Military I had was up to date. You can use it's facilities depending how busy they are as they give priority to On Duty Personnel

New to H&R Block Canada in 2011: Active Canadian military personnel and their spouses can now download H&R Block at Home™ tax software for free or receive a 10% discount on their tax preparation fee at participating H&R Block retail locations*.
http://www.hrblock.ca/military/index.asp

Back