• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Military Discounts List

Canadian Tire in Edmonton on 97th by Namao Centre has a soldier appreciation night I believe on the 29th from 6pm-10pm.  Everything discounted except for labour.  I will double check tomorrow to confirm the actual date, and percentage discount.  All you have to do is provide valid military ID.

Here is the link to the KMFRC site the lists all the local stores and business that give the discount.

http://www.familyforce.ca/sites/Kingston/EN/mdp/Documents/MDP.pdf

Go Transit is offering free travel to the CNE along with a companion for veterans on Warriors Day.

http://www.gotransit.com/public/en/news/cne.aspx

All promotional material indicates it is for Veterans only, but I called and spoke with "Owen" from Go Transit and he verified that it is all currently serving military as well. For verification, the traveller must be in uniform or have military ID.

The Alexander Keith's brewery tour has a discounted admission for military members (equal to the student rate). Also, they offer 25% off merchandise.  I was surprised to find that I was able to use a 15% off coupon from one of those tourist maps on top of the admission discount.

The gift shop still has some Naval Centennial stuff available.

storesmart in Red Deer offers a 10% discount on all storage rates

Extreme Pita at Brock Street and the 401 has a "911" discount of 15% for emergency services and military when in uniform.

Off Your Rocker in Belleville sells tax free to all personnel on their rocking chairs and other items.  They have a store downtown and offer everything on their www.offyourrocker.ca.  They ship all over North America.  I know a woman in Sicily who bought and had her chair shipped to her via CF mail system.

newmet said:
Hubby is going for laser eye surgery next month and got 10% taken off for being military at TLC Vision Center in Moncton.

Sweet! I need to get my eyes done... need to lose the V4 cat ;)

Eddie Bauer, MicMac Mall in NS offers a discount. Just present your ID. I don't remember the %, nor do I know if it's Canada-wide.

But they did tell me to spread the word.

LasiK in Moncton also offers a discount to Military pers. 

R Nicholls

Ordered a Camelbak pack from them and got a great discount and really good customer service.

Just have to go through their Mil sales email militarysales@rnicholls.com 

George Wallace said:
LOWES gives a 10% Military Discount.  .............    Home Depot does not.

WTF??  I couldn't believe my eyes when I read that, since I'm probably one of the Orleans Lowes top customers.  Not once has anyone ever mentioned a discount, and that includes having gone into the store in uniform numerous times and buying things like custom bathroom cabinets, tile, plumbing and electrical crap, and the like. 

I just phoned them, and sure enough, the manager tells me yes, they have a 10% discount.  When I told him nobody ever mentioned it to me in the dozens (if not hundreds) of times I was in the store in uniform, he said "Well, you have to ask for it".  Well DUH!  How do you know to ask for it if they don't advertise it??

Jeeeesus I'm pissed.  I've probably spent a good $10,000 in there in the last year doing renovations on a kitchen, bathroom and basement.    :rage:

Occam said:
WTF??  I couldn't believe my eyes when I read that, since I'm probably one of the Orleans Lowes top customers.  Not once has anyone ever mentioned a discount, and that includes having gone into the store in uniform numerous times and buying things like custom bathroom cabinets, tile, plumbing and electrical crap, and the like. 

I just phoned them, and sure enough, the manager tells me yes, they have a 10% discount.  When I told him nobody ever mentioned it to me in the dozens (if not hundreds) of times I was in the store in uniform, he said "Well, you have to ask for it".  Well DUH!  How do you know to ask for it if they don't advertise it??

Jeeeesus I'm pissed.  I've probably spent a good $10,000 in there in the last year doing renovations on a kitchen, bathroom and basement.    :rage:

I'm in the same boat.  Made a couple of large purchases, and one day when I was going through the "Scan it yourself" lane while in uniform a lady customer approached me as I was swiping my card and informed me of it.  I was only getting about twenty bucks worth of items at the time.  I would have liked to have known that when I bought the six pack of Dewalt 18 Volt cordless tools or even earlier when I did the Fridge, Stove and Dishwasher purchase.

That LOWES has to do something about their restocking problem.  It takes them forever to restock items.  There was a nice 6 piece drill set (wood augers) that were in the flyer for $19, regular $49, and they only had four in stock for the sale.  That is piss poor planning and sales.  Been stopping in everyday on the way home from work looking for some low voltage audio visual boxes, and they haven't been restocked in a month or so.  Their American masters are not to speedy in sending up the stock.

I used to work at Home Depot, and they had the same issues. You would get some giant promotion and only a small amount of product would arrive in time for the event. They would sell out instantly, and customers would be pissed right off. Then naturally, a few weeks later the product in question would flow into the store after someone had discovered that it had been static at a local distribution centre.

On a different note, does anyone know for a fact if BMW offers a mil discount here in Canada? I am in the process of purchasing a car from them but want to know if there is a discount before I bring it up. I feel kind of awkward asking for discounts since we make good money, but if there is one available I would never turn it down. When I was looking at Hondas before, I know the salesman pegged me as military and brought it up right away.

Here is one for ya.

I wrote Aeropostale to see if they had a military discount for serving members here in Canada such as they do in the states.

The reply i got was that although they do not have a discount for the Canadian Military in Canada I could go to any Aeropostale store in Canada and the US and present my AMERICAN MILITARY ID then I would be entitled to 15 percent off. This is the response I have gotten from most big box stores. including Old Navy and American Eagle.
15 percent off merchandise in Canada for US Military ID card holders.

Back