• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Military Discounts List

PMedMoe said:
Yes, it is.  Not user friendly at all.

That's what happens when CFPSA pays their IT staff including webmasters $14.00/hr. 

You get $14.00/hr quality.  ;D

http://www.cfappreciation.ca/en/AboutUs/JTP/Pages/Join-the-CF-Appreciation-Program.aspx

Norwegian Cruise Lines has begun offering special rates to members of the U.S. and Canadian armed forces.

Select Freestyle Cruising vacations, including seven-day cruises in the Western Mediterranean, Eastern Caribbean and Hawaii, as well as the Norwegian Epic’s 13-day transatlantic crossing from Barcelona to Miami on October 23.

This offer is open to both active and retired members of the military, and additional sailings will be added to the program on a regular basis. The offer is valid for new reservations starting today, from inside staterooms to mini-suites.

Visit www.ncl.com for more information.
Source:  travelagentcentral.com, 26 Jul 11 - confirmed via e-mail from Norwegian Cruise Line:
.... this discount does apply to Canadian military. They just need to
show a military id ....

I have Recently Visited the CN Tower with Familly and they offer a Military Discount on the Total Tower Packadge. It's normally a $37 per person admission fee and with the discount it came to $26 taxes included . note: They have a limit of 4 Tickets per purchase using discount.

The Package included the following themes

Look Out
Glass Floor
Motion Theatre Experience
Maple Leaf Cinema

If you live nearby or are visiting one of these locations, it's a free visit this weekend.

Source:

As part of its centennial celebration, Parks Canada honours our serving Canadian Forces and veterans

Ottawa, Ontario, August 8, 2011 — Parks Canada is offering Canada’s military, veterans and their families, a special welcome and free admission to Canada’s national historic sites, national parks and national marine conservation areas during its centennial “Fab Forts Weekend”, August 19 – 21.

“The Canadian Forces contribute immeasurably to keeping Canada strong and free. Parks Canada wants to show its appreciation by inviting them to visit our national historic sites, parks and marine conservation areas on a weekend when there will also be special programming at the fort sites," declared the Honourable Peter Kent, Canada’s Environment Minister and Minister responsible for Parks Canada.
“I am delighted that both members of the Canadian Forces and veterans will be able to enjoy a summer weekend with their families in Canada’s treasured natural and historic places, free of charge,” said the Honourable Peter MacKay, Minister of National Defence. “I have every confidence that this gesture will be greatly appreciated by those who have done so much in the name of Canada.”

Thirty-eight of Canada’s most historic fortifications will celebrate Parks Canada’s centennial with a “Fab Forts Weekend” of special events. In their modern role as community gathering places and drivers of tourism, they will host concerts, picnics, archaeology-related activities, markets, tours and much more.

Among the highlights of the “Fab Forts Weekend” will be a coast-to-coast Parks Canada centennial 100-gun salute which will ripple across the country from coast to coast on Sunday afternoon. The weekend will include fun activities for all ages and interests, from architecture, to canoeing to exploring, and themes such as furs, foods and harvesting.

“Forts have played a huge role in the history and growth of Canada and I invite all Canadians to join in the fun at a nearby national historic fort site and help make this nation-wide event a memorable one,” said Alan Latourelle, Parks Canada’s CEO.

Whether built as part of the fur trade or in defence of the country, Canada’s fortifications have had a central role in community life and were the foundations of many of our major cities. As defining elements of regional culture, gathering places and centres of community life, Canada’s national historic sites offer personal moments of inspiring discovery and a source of unforgettable experiences.

For a complete list of participating sites and events across the country, please see the accompanying backgrounder at www.parkscanada.gc.ca under Media Room.

Information:
Press Secretary
Office of the Minister of the Environment
819-997-1441

Media Relations
Parks Canada
819-953-8371
www.twitter.com/parkscanada
www.facebook.com/parkscanada

I'm not sure if this one's been mentioned before, but Hero Army Surplus in Oshawa offers military discounts. They have some really neat stuff, especially their replica single-action revolvers and especially their ordinance collection. Thanks to my discount, I picked up some really nice assorted casings for my collection. Unfortunately, they didn't have any 73 mm 2A28 as used in the BMP-1 nor did they have any 120 mm, both of which I'm really looking for to add to my collection. However, they did have some real gems in their collection. I was one happy camper after going there, leaving with a beautiful replica Colt Peacemaker and a boatload of ordinance  ;D . 

Does anyone know if there is a full PDF file out there for discounts that are available in Ottawa? I'm getting tired of finding next to nothing for in around Ottawa when Kingston has a full 27 page PDF file...

ballz said:
http://www.wheelsnext.com offers a $40 off all wheel & tire combos Armed Forces discount. They're an American company but they will give the discount to CF personnel as well.

It's not much percentage wise but hey it's $40 and it's the thought that counts.

On second thought, having received a set of wheels that don't fit my 2008 Subaru Impreza (the Subaru dealer says they don't, a local tire shop says they don't, and if you go to TireRack.com they won't sell the rims to 2008 Subaru Impreza owners even though they stock the same rim because they don't fit), and WheelsNext.com not honouring their "100% fitment guarantee" and instead they are basically flipping me the bird, I would recommend you stay away from them no matter how much of a discount they offer.

I sure got what I paid for, and a little more than I bargained for...

From Canada Newswire:

WestJet will waive all baggage fees for any military personnel, including those from other countries, upon presentation of military identification. This means that any military personnel may travel for business or pleasure, in uniform or civilian clothing, with a maximum of four checked bags at no additional charge. However, items that exceed maximum permitted size or weight will not be accepted as these items must still be shipped via cargo.

More on the Article

I put that up this morning, but my post got accidentally split with the thread on Lowe's.  :nod:

Stacked said:
Is anybody able to fill me in on the Bank of Montreal accounts for Military members? I've spent half an hour on google trying to find some details about it...

And what is required to open one of these? I would like to before I get to St-Jean. I do have my acceptance letter, hopefully that is sufficient.
On a bit of a whim, I sent an email to my friendly neighbourhood BMO rep back in Halifax asking about this discount. Lo and behold, not only did she drop my 13.95 a month to 5.45 but reimbursed me the difference for the last 18 months too - 153.00 - Woo Hoo! Party in Pat's pad this eve!

Fans of Military Music, with a US flavor, free download:

http://www.amazon.com/Veterans-Day-Honor/dp/B002QC4EL6

The Bands and Ensembles of the US Armed Forces | Format: MP3 Download

Good thought, but it's available to US customers only.

Sorry. My daughter is posted to the US, and sent me the link. I am also presently in the US.

I had a pleasant surprise, if you need auto body work or a paint job in the Hamilton Area.
MAACO in Stoney Creek is a military family and they treat you right. Just ask for the boss, via Wes.
I was more comfortable here and they were near the bottom for quotes with a garantee.

I went to RONA today in Halifax to buy some building supplies and what not because of a 15% sale they were having. When I went to pay, the clerk saw my military ID and asked if I was in the military and I told him I was. He said thank you for your service and I went on my way. Turns out he gave me the 15% discount and a further DND 8% discount on top of that. I knew they had a DND discount and never asked for it on top of a store promotion like that.
I have 2 Kents and a Home depot that are closer to me than the one RONA store we have in Halifax, i'll go out of my way now to shop there.

Chief Stoker said:
I have 2 Kents and a Home depot that are closer to me than the one RONA store we have in Halifax, i'll go out of my way now to shop there.

Rona bought out Piercey's recently.  I don't know if the stores have changed over as yet.

jollyjacktar said:
Rona bought out Piercey's recently.  I don't know if the stores have changed over as yet.

They did but they don't carry as much as the main store though.

Back