• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Military Discounts List

Stacked said:
Is anybody able to fill me in on the Bank of Montreal accounts for Military members? I've spent half an hour on google trying to find some details about it...

And what is required to open one of these? I would like to before I get to St-Jean. I do have my acceptance letter, hopefully that is sufficient.

http://www.sbcdc.ca/

Stacked said:
Is anybody able to fill me in on the Bank of Montreal accounts for Military members? I've spent half an hour on google trying to find some details about it...

And what is required to open one of these? I would like to before I get to St-Jean. I do have my acceptance letter, hopefully that is sufficient.

http://www.cdcb.ca/en/overview_e.asp
I searched out  BMO MILITARY BANKING

Stacked said:
Thanks guys.  I used "BMO Military Bank Account" http://www.google.ca/#hl=en&biw=1728&bih=775&q=BMO+Military+Bank+Account&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&fp=fdb944ca10506d3f  with no luck.

I guess I am just bad at googling!  :-X

Nope, just reading - Canadian Defence Community Banking is the first hit on your search.  ;D

Stacked said:
Thanks guys.  I used "BMO Military Bank Account" http://www.google.ca/#hl=en&biw=1728&bih=775&q=BMO+Military+Bank+Account&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&fp=fdb944ca10506d3f  with no luck.

I guess I am just bad at googling!  :-X

What cought my eye was BMO and Military. It looked like a good hit

Stacked said:
LOL. Oh my god, *sticks foot in mouth* I don't know how I missed that.... I must have clicked on it too and been like "pft what is this, this isn't BMO!" Ahhh well. Thanks guys :)

I hope your foot was clean

If anyone is looking for a getaway with a special someone, The Village Inn in Lakefield, Ontario offers a 40% discount ($79.00/night, after discount) to troops midweek.

If you're interested give Joseph a call or email: joseph@villageinn.ca (1-800-827-5678)

http://www.villageinn.ca

There are many car places in Kingston including Canadian Tire that will offer at least a 10% discount for labor costs on vehicle repairs.

I would never take my car into Canadian Tire in Kingston (any of them) for any reason. My car could be on fire, and the only ones with an extinguisher would be Canadian Tire, and I will still not go there.  I have been hosed by them twice personally (I know, once should have been enough).

I, on the other hand have really never had any major issues with Can Tire in any locations whther it be Kingston, Trenton, Victoria, Comox,Gatineau, Moose Jaw.... A few minor ones and they were looked after quickly or within a reasonable time frame.

Just sayin'.............

Knocking on wood now.!!

I once had a Buick Celebrity and had a bulging tire. So I took it to a Canadian Tire and left it with them, went for a coffee and came back and I could not believe my own eyes, the guy working on it was banging on a screw driver with a hammer trying to remove the locking wheel lug. I said hold on, do you know how to remove the hub cap lock nut. He said no. Before he was able to do more damage, I took my car and went to Firestone and they did it the right way.  Firestone didn't have a key but they know enough to ask if I had mine and I did with the spare tire.  Now I have a brand new car and I take it to the Dealership, might cost me more but at least they know what to do. Mind you, I did give the key to the guy at Crappy Tire but he had no idea how it worked.

Another list, it's from the U.S. but a lot of those chains operate in Canada as well:

133 Military Discounts
http://www.giftcardgranny.com/blog/military-discounts/

Stacked said:
LOL. Oh my god, *sticks foot in mouth* I don't know how I missed that.... I must have clicked on it too and been like "pft what is this, this isn't BMO!" Ahhh well. Thanks guys :)

It is a great deal. I was already banking with BMO when I joined. Now I pay only 5.45 a month for UNLIMITED banking!!!

A great deal here in Vancouver is the Vancouver Zoo in Aldergrove. Normally it is 20 dollars, but if you are military, it is only 8 dollars!  :cdn:

I might just visit the Zoo on my way back from the CAV Ride

bwatch said:
And I have found that sometimes, this rate can be higher then the Corporate Rate. It depends on where you go, some Hotels give leeway to Desk Clerks to give a lower rate, might even give the same rate they do to people who work in the Hospitality field, sometimes a 30 to 50% discount.

Very true. I also work for the GoC civvy side (the Gov owns waayyy too much of my a$$), and too often, the Gov rate is at lest $5 higher than the Corporate rate. IMO, they should have a separate rate. One for Mil pers, one for the rest of the GoC.

Also, I was at a CFLC award presentation recently, and one of the guys presenting an award to his employer.. was doing so to his boss at Home Depot. He and I spoke afterwards, and he's been working for moons - from the inside, no less - trying to get HDC to offer the same discount as their US branch.

blackberet17 said:
Also, I was at a CFLC award presentation recently, and one of the guys presenting an award to his employer.. was doing so to his boss at Home Depot. He and I spoke afterwards, and he's been working for moons - from the inside, no less - trying to get HDC to offer the same discount as their US branch.

You may have seen me comment earlier in the thread that I'd been shopping at Lowes for some time before finding out that they offer a 10% discount to CF personnel and veterans.  They still don't actively advertise it, but at least now if I pass my ID card to them, the cashiers no longer look at me funny and know right away to apply the 10% discount.  They must've included the discount into the cashier training program.  As a result, Lowes has almost all of my business, with the exception of tool rental - which Lowes doesn't offer.

DUCH said:
Here is info on the military discount program.

CANFORGEN 111/11 CMP 054/11 231509Z JUN 11
LAUNCH OF THE CF APPRECIATION PROGRAM

CANFORGEN 111/11 CMP 054/11 231509Z JUN 11
LAUNCH OF THE CF APPRECIATION PROGRAM
UNCLASSIFIED

ON BEHALF OF THE MINISTER OF NATIONAL DEFENCE, THE HONOURABLE PETER MACKAY, AND THE CHIEF OF THE DEFENCE STAFF, GEN NATYNCZYK, I AM PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THE LAUNCH OF THE CANADIAN FORCES (CF) APPRECIATION PROGRAM, EFFECTIVE 23 JUNE 2011. THE CF APPRECIATION PROGRAM WILL PROVIDE THE CF COMMUNITY WITH ACCESS TO A WIDE ARRAY OF INTERNATIONAL, NATIONAL AND LOCAL DISCOUNTS FOR GOODS AND SERVICES, WITH EMPHASIS ON LEISURE TRAVEL, INCLUDING INDIVIDUAL AS WELL AS FAMILY HOLIDAY PACKAGES, AND MANY OTHER GOODS AND SERVICES OF INTEREST

CF COMMUNITY MEMBERS WITH ACCESS TO THE PROGRAM INCLUDE: CURRENTLY SERVING REGULAR FORCE AND RESERVE FORCE MEMBERS AND THEIR FAMILIES, FORMER CF MEMBERS AND THEIR FAMILIES, CIVILIAN EMPLOYEES OF DND, OF THE NON-PUBLIC FUNDS, AND OF THE CF, AND FOREIGN MILITARY PERSONNEL SERVING WITH THE CF

THE CF APPRECIATION PROGRAM CAN BE ACCESSED PRIMARILY ONLINE AT WWW.CFAPPRECIATION.CA. INITIALLY, THIS WEBSITE WILL FOCUS ON THE FOLLOWING PROGRAM COMPONENTS:

THE CF R AND R CLUB PROVIDES ACCESS TO TIMESHARE VACATION RENTALS AT HIGHLY DISCOUNTED PRICES. THROUGH A PARTNERSHIP WITH THE ARMED FORCES VACATION CLUB, A PRODUCT OF WYNDHAM WORLDWIDE, SPACIOUS ACCOMMODATIONS AT 3,500 RESORTS, APARTMENTS, CONDOMINIUMS AND HOMES IN MORE THAN 80 COUNTRIES WILL BE OFFERED TO THE CF COMMUNITY AT COMPETITIVE PRICES. FROM SANDY BEACHES TO SNOW-CAPPED MOUNTAINS, THE CF R AND R CLUB PROVIDES UNIQUE, WELL-DESERVED AND WELL-PRICED VACATION ACCOMODATIONS AND

CF DISCOUNTS, WHICH ARE EXPLAINED BELOW

THE DISCOUNTS MADE AVAILABLE TO CF COMMUNITY MEMBERS THROUGH THE CF APPRECIATION PROGRAM BUILD ON THE SUCCESSES OF THE CANEX DISCOUNT PROGRAM (CDP) AS WELL AS ON LOCAL DISCOUNT PROGRAMS OPERATED BY MILITARY FAMILY RESOURCE CENTRES AND LOCAL COMMUNITY RECREATION ASSOCIATIONS. ALL DISCOUNTS THAT WERE FORMERLY AVAILABLE THROUGH THE CDP HAVE BEEN INTEGRATED INTO THE BROADENED AND ENHANCED SELECTION OF DISCOUNTS OFFERED BY THE CF APPRECIATION PROGRAM

DISCOUNTS ARE AVAILABLE IN THE FOLLOWING EIGHT CATEGORIES:

ACCOMMODATIONS

ATTRACTIONS

ENTERTAINMENT

DINING

HOME LIFESTYLE

SHOPS AND SERVICES

TRANSPORTATION AND

TRAVEL

IN PREPARATION FOR THE LAUNCH, THE CF APPRECIATION PROGRAM HAS FOCUSED ON OFFERING DISCOUNTS FOR ATTRACTIONS ACROSS CANADA AND IN THE USA. IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT USERS CHECK THE SITE OFTEN, AS DISCOUNTS, CONTESTS AND SPECIAL OFFERS WILL BE ADDED FREQUENTLY. THE WEBSITE ALSO PROVIDES THE OPPORTUNITY TO GIVE FEEDBACK IN ORDER THAT THE CF APPRECIATION PROGRAM MAY EVOLVE TO MEET THE CHANGING NEEDS OF THE CF COMMUNITY

ADMINISTERED BY THE DIRECTOR GENERAL PERSONNEL AND FAMILY SUPPORT SERVICES, MR. D.E. MARTIN, THE CF APPRECIATION PROGRAM AIMS TO ENHANCE THE MORALE AND WELFARE OF CF COMMUNITY MEMBERS BY PROVIDING UNIQUE OPPORTUNITIES FOR REST, RECREATION, AND STRENGTHENING OF FAMILY BONDS

FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE CF APPRECIATION PROGRAM, PLEASE VISIT WWW.CFAPPRECIATION.CA OR CONTACT COLIN BAYNE AT BAYNE.COLIN (AND SIGN)CFPSA.COM

SIGNED BY RADM A. SMITH, CMP

Back