• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Military concerned by Canada's absence from American-British-Australian security pact

dimsum

Army.ca Myth
Mentor
Reaction score
I have a feeling that this could change IF we had a change in the political party that is in government. BUT I think that is not likely to happen, weerll because....Canada . I am truly sorry for this as I think the ones that elected this government are selfish and short sighted. ME ME ME seems to be their mantra

I’m noticing a trend from CAF leadership raising concerns on the media, or is it just me?
I noticed the same thing, and came here specifically to mention this article.

I wonder if it's senior officers realizing that staying quiet wasn't working to prevent the CAF from falling apart, or if it's a plan from the PMO to give them the public support they need to announce that they are finally going to take defence somewhat more seriously?

It refreshing to hear a GO/FO speak candidly.

"This is probably not my lane, but the fact is: What do I do for a living?" he said.

"I am the operational side of the Armed Forces. Therefore, am I concerned? Do I want to be involved with our closest allies in things? Yes, I do. Absolutely. And I think it's critical given where you see technology moving. Canada needs to be part of that."

Vice-Admiral Bob Auchterlonie

I noticed the same thing, and came here specifically to mention this article.

I wonder if it's senior officers realizing that staying quiet wasn't working to prevent the CAF from falling apart, or if it's a plan from the PMO to give them the public support they need to announce that they are finally going to take defence somewhat more seriously?
I think this may be it. They’re seeing an institution to which they’ve dedicated their lives crumble around them. At some point in time even the most cynical careerists have you sound the alarm.

Or, MND may be supporting them without publicly saying she's supporting them.

Or, MND may be supporting them without publicly saying she's supporting them.
Which, providing benefit of the doubt (and she is one of the few Cabinet ministers for whom I’m willing to do so) to MND, there will come a time where her support would more appropriately become more widely known…and not too far from now.

Which, providing benefit of the doubt (and she is one of the few Cabinet ministers for whom I’m willing to do so) to MND, there will come a time where her support would more appropriately become more widely known…and not too far from now.

Every time I see Anand on TV, I see a minister on the edge of panic.

She's probably a flight risk.

Agreed ... some Liberals are already saying that Freeland is both a less than stellar campaigner (she grates on too many people) and may be "yesterday's woman." Carney seems to be interested in other things - almost anything other than leading the Liberal Party.

If Trudeau stays on - which seems increasingly likely - then:
  1. IF he wins a majority, he's gold, he'll be PM for five terms;
  2. IF he loses, becomes leader of the opposition, he's toast; or
  3. IF he wins another weak majority the knives will be out.
In case 1 on all speculation is moot.

In either of cases 2 or 3 then next Liberal leader will be an Anglo. Expectations say the next Liberal leader should be a woman. Demographics suggest that a "woman of colour" would be a good idea.

There aren't a whole lot of high profile choice:

Ng is damaged goods; Ien is photogenic but almost, otherwise, unknown; which leaves Anand.

Attachments

• Ng_200x200.jpg
    Ng_200x200.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Ien_200x200.jpg
    Ien_200x200.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 3
  • anand_200x200.png
    anand_200x200.png
    66.4 KB · Views: 3
Back