• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Military Civics: The Many Armies of the United States

Colin Parkinson

Army.ca Myth
Reaction score
There are just shy of a hundred official land component military organizations in the United States of America, each with their own unique legal structure and chain of command. A video by The Chieftain. It's enough to make one drink.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAsZz_f-DUA

That's actually a very informative video. I've seen a bunch of his and knew he had previous service with the Brits but never knew he was in the National Guard.

:cheers:

Our system may be odd but it has worked since our founding. During the Civil War the need for competent officers saw the start of Brevit promotions. Custer went from Lt to general. I knew a Regular Army Colonel on his retirement was appointed a Major General as State Adjutant General. IDuring Vietnam I knew a general who was on the Regular Army roll as a LTC. Eventually his RA rank matched his nominal rank. If there was a reduction in force the general might revert to his RA rank as LTC.

Back