• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Military Books for sale -mostly Canadian

gordjenkins

Inactive
Reaction score
I am downsizing from house moving into an apartment. I have over 800 military books of which this winter I have catalogued 600 to date using prices on Antiquarian Book dealer website - www.abebooks.com   aka "Abe " (I am working on the other 200!)

The books are all hardcover -have been collected by me over 50 years .

What I would like to sell them is as a lot or by lots/category -rather than selling 800 books one  book at a time!!

The books are evenly split Navy/Army and Air Force -and are about 80 % Canadian . 

If you are interested please Email me at gordjenkins@sympatico.ca and I will send you my List. If you are in the Ottawa ON area Email me and i can set up a time for you to view.

Gord Jenkins

gordkenkins@sympatico.ca

Any Regimental histories?

Twelve to fourteen Cdn Regimental books - I can Email you the List
-also none on 48th alas

Of my 1200 to 1400 military books- here are the Regimental ones you asked for - I have not grouped them by Units /Regiments all together  -or seniority!
If you want the List of 600 I have catalogued ,please Email me at

gordjenkins@sympatico.ca

• Canadian Regimental Books including Regimental Histories
    –note –not in any particular order yet = WIP
569   CANADA'S BLACK WATCH: The First Hundred Years. 1862-1962 (ISBN: 091931693X / 0-919316-93-X)  by Paul P. Hutchison.      The Black Watch (R.H.R.) Of Canada, Montreal, Canada, 1962                                                                            $110   
570 Battle Royal -  A History of the Royal Regiment of Canada, Second Edition 1862 - 1979  RR of C by Goodspeed, D. J. The Royal Regiment Of Canada Association, Brampton, Ontario, 1979. Softcover. Book Condition: Very Good+. Second Edition. 754 pp                            $40
571 The Royal Canadian Regiment 1883-1933  RCR  [With] .... Volume II 1933-1966 =RCR-  Fetherstonhaugh, R. C. (With G. R. Stevens.) Gazette Printing Company & London Printing & Lithographic Co., Limited, Montreal & London. 1936-1967, 1st Editions.            $400
572 Connecting File 1971 The Royal Canadian Regiment by HAYTER, J.C., E.H. WEBER, et al WEBER, E.H. – RCR -Royal Canadian Regiment, London, ON, 1971, 1971. HAYTER, J.C., E.H. WEBER, et al. The Connecting File : The Royal Canadian Regiment. 1971 Edition. London, Ont.: Royal Canadian Regiment, 1971. Pp 170                            $20
573 QUEEN'S OWN RIFLES OF CANADA 1860-1960: One Hundred Years of Canada  by Barnard, Lieutenant-Colonel W. T. QOR  The Ontario Publishing Company Ltd.,          1960. Hard Cover.    $100 
574 Dual Alliance an Autobiography by Dunkelman, Ben  -QOR and Israeli Defence Force-MacMillan Toronto  1976                          $25                                                 
575 A Regiment at War, The Story of  the RCR -Royal Canadian Regiment, 1939-1945  byGalloway, Strome  1979, privatly printed, originally in 1946, as "55 Axis", 1979. Soft cover. 238 pp        $40                                                                                                                                     
576 The General Who Never Was  . by Galloway, Strome  RCR  MIKA PUBLISHING CO.,, BELLEVILLE, ONT., 1981                            $65                   
577 Battle Diary: From D-Day Normandy To The Zuider Zee and VE.
Martin, Charles Cromwell and Whitsed, Roy  -QOR - Queens Own Rifles  Dundurn Press, Toronto, 1994. Soft Cover.                        $40                                           
578 Bravely into Battle: The Autobiography of a Canadian Soldier in World War Two    RCR (ISBN: 0773751785 / 0-7737-5178-5)
Galloway, Strome      Stoddart Publishing,Canada, 1988.              $20
579 With The Irish Against Rommel; A Diary of 1943
Galloway, Colonel Strome    Signed Caali publishers    Langley, Canada, 1st ed., thus 1984                                                                                $40                                                     
580 Sicily to the Siegfried Line: Being Some Random Memories and a Diary of 1944-1945  - RCR-  (ISBN: 0968032508 / 0-9680325-0-8) by Galloway, Strome  Kitchener, N-Arnold Press, 1996  Soft Cover    $20   
581 BLOODY BURON: THE BATTLE OF BURON NORMANDY - 8 JULY, 1944 by SNOWIE, Capt. J. Allan  -HLI of C -Boston Mills, Erin, ON, 1984. Highland Light Infantry of Canada First Edition. 8 1/2" x 11". pp; 120. Account of the Battle of Buron near Caen in Normandy on 8 July, 1944, involving the HLI  against the SS Panzer Grenadiers                                          $75
582 West Novas: a History of the West Nova Scotia Regiment by Raddall, Thomas H.    West Novas  Liverpool, N. S., 1947. Cloth. No Jacket. Illustrated  only 1000 printed –front first page missing      $200                                                                     
583 THE Argyll and Sutherland  Highlanders of Canada  (Princess Louise's) 1928-1953 by JACKSON, (H.M., editor)    (Montreal), 1953, . Hardcover. First edition                                      $100                                           
584 North Shore (New Brunswick) Regiment  by Bird, Will R.  Brunswick Press, Frederiction, N.B., 1963. 629 pages includes 32 pages of photos, 11 maps on 8 folded sheets [complete], colour frontispiece and endpaper maps                                                                                    $175   
585 The Regiment by Mowat, Farley  History of the Hastings and Prince Edward Regiment. Signed -First Edition -Oct 1955  McClelland & Stewart, Hard cover with dust jacket –Book cover  with gilt insignia  316 pp.                                                                                                    $150
586 Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry  PPCLI - 1914-1919 -in Two Volumes: Volume I. Narrative. Volume II: The Roll of Honour and Appendices [With] Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry 1919-1957 [With Volume Iv] the Roll of Honour and Nominal Roll Pricess Patricias' Canadian Light Infantry 1939 - 1945 Compiled by R. B. Mainprize  see WW1 Canadian Section above for books OR check Abe = $600 for set of 4 Volumes

587 Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry – PPCLI  (Famous Regiments) (ISBN: 085052119X / 0-85052-119-X) byJeffrey Williams      Leo Cooper Ltd, London, 1972                                                  $25   
588   No Retreating Footsteps : The Story of the North Nova Scotia Highlanders  by Bird, Will R.    Kentville Publishing Co, Kentville Nova Scotia (1955). Hard Cover.                                                            $450     
589 A Narrative of War: From the Beaches of Sicily to the Hitler Line with the Seaforth Highlanders of Canada 1943-1944 (ISBN: 0919614612 / 0-919614-61-2)
Robert L. McDougall    Golden Dog Press, 1997. Soft cover            $40   
590 THE HISTORY OF THE 1ST BATTALION CAMERON HIGHLANDERS OF OTTAWA (MG) Ross, Richard M. Lieutenant Colonel      The Cameron Highlanders of Ottawa, Ottawa, Canada, 1946. Hard Cover                      $100
591 OUT OF THE CLOUDS THE HISTORY OF THE 1st CANADIAN PARACHUTE BATTALION by John A. Willes    Privately Printed for the Author, Port Perry, Ontario. [0-9699285-0-5] 1995,                                $65
592 THE ROYAL MONTREAL REGIMENT  RMR  1925-1945 by Fetherstonhaugh, R.C.  rare Gazette Publishing Montreal 1949                                                  $75
593 Le Royal 22 Regiment – R22R -75 ans d’histoire 1914-1989 by LCol Paul Corriveau  La Citadelle Quebec 1989 front insider page missing    $30   
594 100 Years. The Royal Canadian Regiment 1883-1983 by Ken Bell and C.P. Stacey    RCR    Collier MacMillan Canada, Ltd, Don Mills ON, 1983. Oblong, 184 pp., photographs                                            $65                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

In answer to a number of questions

and a suprising number of orders

the prices shown are those if you puchased on line from an Antiquarian Book Dealer
-i.e. found on thier web page  www.abebooks.com

I am NOT a book dealer
-give me a decent offer
and book is yours!!

Gord:
T'was wonderful meeting you (and your dog), and doing business.

5-star satisfied customer rating  ;D

I am now up to 700 mostly Canadian military books catalogued and have decided to give 20% off for any ONE book on my List and 40 % for any order of more than three.  The prices on the List I will send you are from www.abebooks.com aka book dealers .

My books therefore are 20%  to 40 % lower than any book dealer - same equivalent  book as described in "Abe" - or money back - and I ship !

I am not a dealer so no Visa sorry. I am merely a retiree who is moving from house to apartment and wife said "sell" :>)

For the List contact me  at

gordjenkins@gmail.com

Thanks Journeyman

I have added another 200 books to List-if you or anyone else interested-
email me for updated List at
gordjenkins@sympatico.ca

I will not be undersold by any dealer
and I am NOT a dealer
-I HAVE to downsize -moving to retirement apt from my home

I had the pleasure of dealing with Gord today to pick up a fairly rare copy of my regiment's history during the second world war. His collection is absolutely amazing. I highly reccommend that anyone with a serious interest in our military history get a list off him of what he has. I'd hate to see all his stuff go to some anonymous dealer.

Thank you Soldier of the Cameron's!

I was going to wait till Fall to update List as quite a few books have gone - but only half of my books on my shelves were placed on my original published List mentioned below.

My "Gords List of Military Books  EDITION 2 " will be ready by end of May 2009- I have 500 books to add

Please send me your Email address and I will send List to you then I promise.

( As mentioned before I am downsizing from house to apt - and "want a good home " for my books
- and my price will lower than ANY bookseller guaranteed and of equal quality.

I have updated my Gords Book List-if you want an updated copy
please let me know at
[color=blue[u]]gordjenkins@gmail[/u].com
or[/color]gordjenkins@sympatico.ca

I have now reached the 1000 Canadian book mark - lots of rain in Ottawa so got them catalogued -I did not know I had so many!
They are 80 % military (mosly Canadian) and the rest Canadian history.
If you want to browse the List -send me an Email at
gordjenkins@sympatico.ca and I will send you a copy.
Guaranteed you will find some interesting books on List!

I have now sold 300 books of my 1000 books . People seem to like the quality of books-and that they are priced below ANY equivalent book price on www.abebooks.com- and mailed the day the cheque received.
But I still must downsize and I still have 700 to go.! So I have decided to get them off the shelves that ALL reasonable offers considered. No dealers please.
gordjenkins@sympatico.ca

I have now sold 400 books of my 1100 books . People seem to like the quality of books-packaged well -mailed same day as cheque received -and that they are ALL  priced below ANY equivalent book price on www.abebooks.com-or ANY book dealer.

I am STILL downsizing and I still have 700 catalogued to go (plus 200 to put on List yet.!)

So I have decided to get them off the shelves  & that ALL reasonable offers considered. Prices on my List are from Abe or Book dealers - but make me a reasonable offer - I am not in "the  business" - just a retired ex military getting rid of 50 years of collecting and looking for book lovers not dealers to give my books "good homes".

gordjenkins@sympatico.ca

Do you still have BLOODY BURON: THE BATTLE OF BURON NORMANDY?

A relative of mine was killed at Buron so I've been looking to get a hold of this book for a while.

Of the 1100 books on List, alas you picked the one I sold last! Person just E mailed me she got Bloody Buron in mail -mailed MondayCanada  Parcel Post - she received Tues!

My husband and I are the  buyers.  We  just received our copy of Bloody Buron by Capt. J. Allan Snowie.  Ken's Uncle Francis was killed at Buron in July 1944 and we have been trying to collect a lot more information and detail about him.  Thanks Gord for the book it is a beautiful copy and we are very happy with it. 

The HLI  is now part of the Royal Highland Fusiliers of Canada and history and info can be found at their  Armouries in Cambridge, ON. 

I have finished ! Cataloguing 1000 plus books was a challenge not sure if i would do again -glad it is done! I even have now taken the time to organize my List by category so easier to find "your" book.
My price if guaranteed lower than a dealer or www.abebooks.com as i want to "find homes" for them.

Do look at the comments below from people I have sold to. All my books are from 50 years of collecting - now alas downsize.
This will be my last entry as I will now begin putting them on Abe or Allibis web page at a higher price.

So if you want to look at my Book List ,contact me at

gordjenkins@sympatico.ca

Hi Gord,

This thread has many good comments on your dedication to collecting, and selling  :salute:

I know these were part of your collection, but if you ever come across some 48th Highlander books, please do PM me.

I would love to do business with you.

dileas

tess

Back