• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Mexican News

Not a problem. AMLO can just pull a Trump and change the deal when he gets into power.  Easy-peasey - welcome to the New Workd Economic Order.

:2c:

Regards
G2G

Seems more like the US wants a deal before the new president takes office.  This doesn’t sound as close as it is made out to be.

FYI Trump has another year in his first term and will be runnin for his second term next year. 8)

tomahawk6 said:
FYI Trump has another year in his first term and will be runnin for his second term next year. 8)

The New Mexican President.  Who after dec 1st will be somewhat more difficult to deal with...hence the urgency.

Illegal and legal migrants are said to send $70b a year back to families in Mexico,so I don't see anyone wanting to upset that apple cart.

tomahawk6 said:
Illegal and legal migrants are said to send $70b a year back to families in Mexico,so I don't see anyone wanting to upset that apple cart.

So President Trump is okay with letting Mexican illegal aliens stay in America to send money back home, in order to make a pre-NAFTA deal with President Peña Nieto and avoid dealing with AMLO?

Regards
G2G

ICE if they find illegal aliens will detain them.I don't think anything has changed.Some of these issues are being faced by Canada due to unlawful migration across our common border.

tomahawk6 said:
ICE if they find illegal aliens will detain them.I don't think anything has changed.Some of these issues are being faced by Canada due to unlawful migration across our common border.

But your earlier post alludes to the fact that neither America, nor Mexico really want to change the status quo, so it would follow that ICE really won't go hunting for illegal aliens with any greater effort than in years past, otherwise the apple cart gets upset, and the basis of the imminent agreement between Trump and Peña Nieto would be weakened/invalidated.

Years ago there was a bill in the Senate that wasnt passed it would have put a tax on money transfers if the sender couldnt prove his status.

https://www.congress.gov/114/bills/s79/BILLS-114s79is.pdf

So is President Trump going to try again with a similar bill, given how unfair it is for illegal aliens to be sending money to their families back in Mexico?  I also assume that part and parcel of the “follow the money” trail would also include the IRS tracking not only the employees, but also the employers?

Any bill like that would likely sideswipe a huge portion of legal immigrants as well. Many countries' primary source of foreign currency comes from remittances that emigrants send back home.

Back