• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Mewata Armoury, Calgary, 18 Apr 09

Rick Goebel

Donor
Inactive
Reaction score
Does anyone know what is going on there today?

I saw people in dress blues with chain mail and yellow stripes (KOCR band?), scarlets with white pith helmets (couldn't see the pugaree but would assume French grey) (PPCLI band?), service dress with medals including dark blue, light blue, green with red sash and pants (so infantry but not Calg Highrs) and there is a bunch of G Wagons parked on the lawn.  This is kind of unusual and, while I'm fairly plugged in to the military community here, I haven't heard of a major event today.

41 Bde Commander Col Art Wriedt hands over to his replacement today.

Thanks.  That would make sense.  The infantry NCO in pants and the guys in scarlets and pith helmets would be Loyal Eddies and the dark blue and light blue must have been purple trades in brigade units.  Do you know who took over?

Rick Goebel said:
Thanks.  That would make sense.  The infantry NCO in pants and the guys in scarlets and pith helmets would be Loyal Eddies and the dark blue and light blue must have been purple trades in brigade units.  Do you know who took over?

Col Tom Putt.

Back