• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MESO QL1

From what I heard, expect a month  in Quebec city doing academics with a week for your RHIB maintainers course (used to be in the QL3 and now is in the QL1) then 4 weeks ashore doing your drawings,  and about 5 weeks at sea on a ship operating all the machinery to then by the end of all that doing your Certificate A board and being a qualified Engineering Roundsman on the MCDVs.

Don't quote me on the lenght of times, it's the best that I can remember I'm sure someone with a little more knoledge will correct me shortly.

Expect to learn about Electrical theory, in Quebec City. Doing drawings can be very long but it's something that must be done because you have to memorize some of the big ones and it really is required to properly understand the system. At sea you will be learning how to operate the systems you drew alongside. Configurations of valves to be able to pump out bilges and other things like that, conduct of rounds, starting and stopping diesels that kind of thing.

Just left the trade but still remember a bunch, any specific questions just ask.

Back