• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Member Discpline Subforum status

AJFitzpatrick

Inactive
Reaction score
I'll admit I read it for giggles
but has the member discipline sub forum disappeared?

I suppose someone was bound to notice some time. ;D

The new warning system allows for users to warn others via the milpoints system.  The DS tools allow us to warn users to a higher level than a regular user would be able to do via milpoints.  Warning points expire after an alloted period of time and the warning level goes back down to zero.  As we have moved to this new system, a warnings board is no longer practical in its current state.  The new warning points are visible to all members.  Users who continue to be "problem children" under the new system will face an outright ban or severe account limitations imposed by the DS.  Either way, before it gets to that level, the regular members will have already thrown in their two cents and will have a good idea of why someone is being sanctioned.

What we will be doing (and have been since the warnings board disappeared) is placing descriptive ban reasons in the banned user's signature block.  This shows the ban reason on every post that a person has made, as well as in their profile.  It is easier for the DS to do it this way in terms of workload, and easier for users to see why a particular user was banned (unless you had made a habit of trawling the warnings board for fun...;D)

Essentially, now that VW, RW, and C&P are not being used regularly, there was little point to having the board.

Any questions regarding this change may be directed to any DS.

Milnet.ca would like to thank you for your continued interest in other people's misfortunes. 

Regards,

Milnet.ca Directing Staff

I will admit that I also looked through when I needed a little bit of cheering up, and was wondering where it went. I do, however, much enjoy the posting of ban reason in the member's signature.

Back