• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Meet Col. Canyon, the country star

Disenchantedsailor

Inactive
Reaction score
Shared with all the usual disclaimers

<http://www.cbc.ca/canada/nova-scotia/story/2008/01/10/george-canyon.html?ref=rss#skip300x250>
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fMoi7WAaHw&feature=related>

George Canyon, the country singer who was named entertainer of the year three years running at the East Coast Music Awards, has been made an honorary colonel in the Canadian forces.

Defence minister Peter MacKay appointed Nova Scotia-born Canyon honorary colonel at 14 Wing Greenwood, the largest air base on the east coast, on Wednesday.

George Canyon performs at the East Coast Music Award in February 2006. The Nova Scotia-born singer has been a supporter of Canada's military.
(Jacques Boissinot/Canadian Press) "We are absolutely thrilled that George has accepted the position and with his strong community background and work with charities, I have no doubt that he will be a wonderful addition to our military family," Wing Commander Col. Derek Joyce said.

During the three-year posting, Canyon will be expected to help host parades, participate in charity events, promote community ties and foster esprit de corps at the base.

The country star has been an ardent supporter of the military and his video for the hit song, I Want You to Live, shows soldiers serving overseas.

"It is an unbelievable honour to be appointed to this position and I look forward to interacting with the men and women of 14 Wing Greenwood on a more personal basis for the next three years," Canyon said.

George Canyon, the country singer who was named entertainer of the year three years running at the East Coast Music Awards, has been made an honorary colonel in the Canadian forces.

Defence minister Peter MacKay appointed Nova Scotia-born Canyon honorary colonel at 14 Wing Greenwood, the largest air base on the east coast, on Wednesday.

George Canyon performs at the East Coast Music Award in February 2006. The Nova Scotia-born singer has been a supporter of Canada's military.
(Jacques Boissinot/Canadian Press) "We are absolutely thrilled that George has accepted the position and with his strong community background and work with charities, I have no doubt that he will be a wonderful addition to our military family," Wing Commander Col. Derek Joyce said.

During the three-year posting, Canyon will be expected to help host parades, participate in charity events, promote community ties and foster esprit de corps at the base.

The country star has been an ardent supporter of the military and his video for the hit song, I Want You to Live, shows soldiers serving overseas.

"It is an unbelievable honour to be appointed to this position and I look forward to interacting with the men and women of 14 Wing Greenwood on a more personal basis for the next three years," Canyon said.

Continue Article

Canyon will be formally appointed to the position during a ceremony on the base Feb. 21.

TV comedian Rick Mercer was appointed honorary colonel at 423 Maritime Helicopter Squadron in Shearwater, N.S., last January.

After watching the video in the second link me thinks this is a good call.

First Rick Mercer, now George Canyon... mess dinners out East must be very entertaining!

Back