• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Medical question

I

Iceburner

Hi there ive finished my apptitude test and have been waiting a real long time for my medical results...im wondering how long it usually takes i think ive waited 6 to 8 weeks...im also wondering do u get mail(thats what he told me anyway) or do u get a call..and he said as soon as my results are in theres the fitness wich im not worried about but he says when ur done that ur sent off immediatly..

My medical results took a good long time, too. I just used that time to make sure I was getting ready for the PT test.

What I was told during my medical was that the doctors processing all the paperwork were swamped and that there were only two of them to do all the work. I was told that if I passed, I would receive a phone call (which I did) and if I did not pass, I would receive something in the mail.

I was also told by someone else (and I've seen it posted here a few times) that one should always check up on one's file to make sure it is still on track.

Good luck!

Iceburner, welcome to Army.ca, you'l find a lot of helpful information in the forums.

You may want to start with the Recruiting FAQ here: http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/21101/post-77933.html#msg77933
It includes a sections on the recruiting process and the CFRC as well as many other threads to help you start learning about your chosen career path.

How long you will be waiting at each stage of the recruiting process is anyone's guess, as you will see from browsing the threads. Then, depending on your selection of trade, and when the system is loading courses for that trade. Basic Military Qualification (BMQ) courses can be loaded primarily to feed the specific trade courses that are run afterwards in variuous bases to try and minimize the length of time recruits wil be sitting around between courses. Some trade courses are only run once or twice per year.

And yes, staying in touch with your CFRC is certainly advised. Either through telephone calls or visits, make sure you remain aware of what stage your file is at and when the next available information should be expected, and always follow up.

Like REJ said, use the time to train up for your PT.  I waited @ 8 weeks to hear back, but I started calling the centre to see if there was any change in my file from about 6 weeks, ( 1 call a week).  Remember the more time you train now the better shape you will be in for BMQ..

respect
FITSUMO

Yes same with me, it took about a month for my medical and about 7 weeks for my background check to come back. Be patient and be prepared. There is definitely no harm in following up. I kept on checking until I was Merit listed. By that point you just have to wait for the call. You never know, once you get the call, you could be sent to BMQ within a month.

Good luck and hang in there.

:cdn:
:salute:

Yea i called today and he called ottawa and said its being sent back now and should take 7 or 10 days...i hope its good i dont know why it wouldnt be..i hope he was right about this being the longest part of the wait cause my recruiter says ill be sent off right away probly after my endurance exam or whatver where u do the push ups and all that i wanna go asap! ;D

Back