• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Medical OT pay question

dogger1936

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi all.  Wont get too much into many details however I was injured in Afghanistan both leg and PTSD. Currently I am under no restrictions and in a "cushy" job where I basically decide what I do for PT; or even if I do.  I don't deploy to the field (which is a weird change!) or do organised regimental sports days etc if I don't wish too.

Basically I've been given a free ride.

Question's however come to mind when looking at the future. While I could stay in this position for quite a long spell if I wished, I'm no longer doing my job and am getting zero satisfaction out of it. While I am appreciative I can't help but look towards the future and it looks pretty dismal.

My leg is shot and a BFT is horrible....I never thought I would think that of what I use to call a 13km social outing. My PTSD provides another huge source of agony when I'm employed in certain fashions at work.

So currently I am looking at finally getting some Mel's (which I have fought to this point) moving to getting a tcat and possibly pcat.

Hopefully my medical review doesn't lead to a medical release, as I believe my experience would be valuable to another non combat arms trade. I am hoping to go the medical OT route.

Having said that I am looking for information on keeping your pay during a medical OT. I do understand that I will lose my NCO rank and be busted down to Cpl, however I have heard that some people retain pay? Can someone provide a reference for this? And how is this decided?

Hey Dogger.......do a search for " vested rights to pay".  It turns up a lot of info.  As far as I can tell, if you choose do do an OT on your own will, you'd go back to CPL pay.  But where this is a medical OT and out of your control, you'd get to keep your pay.

By the way, please stop thinking that you are on a free ride right now.  You've been to war.....you're injured both physically and mentally.  You gotta do what's best for you Dog...

PS---I'll be( and have been) following your story, as you and I are almost at the same point in our military career.

dogger1936,

Have you been in contact with your local IPSC (Integrated Personnel Support Centre)?  All of your questions will be answered by them, and they will initiate it all in happening.

PM me if you are uncomfortable with giving details of where you are on the open forum, and I can help you connect with the right people.

dileas

tess

Policy details should be in the NCM Promotion Policy - Regular Force CFAO.  Ufortunately, the CFAOs are no longer on the internet, only the DWAN, or I'd look it up.  I'll check tomorrow and let you know what I can find.

Hey Dog,

Here are a couple of links for you

-http://www.cfsuo.forces.gc.ca/adm/pdp-pps/ncmoto-mrocc-eng.asp  Non-Commission Member Occupation Transfer Options  This link is in reference to CFAO 11-12

-http://www.cmp-cpm.forces.gc.ca/dgcb-dgras/pub/cbi-dra/204-eng.asp CBI 204.03 is the one you will look for.

These 2 links give you an idea about the pay. CBI 204.03 is about pay on compulsary occupational transfer/voluntary occupational transfer.  It can be a little confusing but Im sure you could reference this to your clerk.

If I can find my message I will have more info for you

I hope this info helps you out as it did with my COT.

Bubbs 25

CFAO 11-12 (http://admfincs.mil.ca/admfincs/subjects/cfao/011-12_e.asp)

COMPULSORY OT -VESTED RIGHT TO PAY
14.    When the rate of pay of a member would be reduced as a result of
compulsory OT based on reasons other than inefficiency, the member will
continue to receive the rate of pay applicable immediately prior to the
date on which compulsory OT occurred, in accordance with QR&O

Unfortunately, CFAOs are now DWAN-only.

Back